Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D2012 is confused

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jeff_M
231 Views, 3 Replies

C3D2012 is confused

The past few days I've spent working on a subdivision map, all in C3D2012 SP2.1. The last thing I did was add some line & curve tables. Due to the inability of C3D to combine alignment tables with parcel tables and I have some Tags on plain arcs/lines along the centerlines, I decided to just duplicate all of the centerline linework with plain autocad entities and label them. So I deleted the alignment segment table and then the labels. Today when I open the drawing (it's only ~ 800k in size) the hardrive immediately goes wild. The status bar indicates the drawing is 93% loaded and it stays this way for ~10 minutes, during which time it takes ~ 1-2 minutes for any mouse click to be acknowledges by Windows (tried to swith programs, bring up Task Manager, etc.). When C3D finally is responsive there is a message about 6 errors found, I should run recover, do I want to open it anyway. I answer no and am left with a partially open drawing (nothing is displayed) and no command line. I had to end task to get out. 

So I restart C3D, run recover as instructed, again the harddrive starts thrashing away (this is not the norm, btw). After another 10 minutes, or so, I get a message that 4 errors found, 4 fixed, 3 objects deleted. As the display is refreshed I can see right away that 2 of the objects were the Line/Curve tables, no problem, or so I think. After a few more seconds I'm greeted with the message box: "This drawing was created by a newer version of Civil3D.....". Uh, wait a cotton picking minute! I know for a fact that this drawing has NEVER even been opened in 2013, much less saved. Yes, I have 2013 installed, but this drawing has never seen it. In fact, opening the drawing in notepad to find the last saved info shows this:

< P r o d u c t I n f o r m a t i o n   n a m e   = \ " A u t o C A D \ "   b u i l d _ v e r s i o n = \ " F . 2 0 5 . 0 . 0 ( x 6 4 ) \ "   r e g i s t r y _ v e r s i o n = \ " 1 8 . 2 \ "

which is clearly for C3D2012.

Also, while the drawing is opening in C3D, my RAM is completely used up. Once it is open, only 2GB is released leaving 10gb used. Under 'normal' use this is around 1.8gb.

Going to go see how the BAK file looks...

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

I'm screwed...the BAK file is also giving the same problem, although it does open in just seconds vs minutes. The tables getting deleted and the 'created in a newer version' are huge issues.

EESignature
Message 3 of 4
Jeff_M

I found an Automatic Save file from 3 hours prior to the BAK file. It opens perfectly, but it still has the  Alignment label Tags and Table. I made a copy of this for safe keeping then started experimenting. I ran Audit which reported no errors. I erased the Alignment Table. Then I erased all of the Alignment Tag labels. Next I ran Audit again, 1 error found and fixed (didn't say what that was). Save, close, reopen, no problems...yet. Crossing my fingers that I can now get this drawing completed without further issues. Not happy about having to recreate ~3.5 hours of work, but it's better than having to recreate the entire drawing.

EESignature
Message 4 of 4
Sinc

Haven't seen that exact issue, but have been seeing a gradual decrease in reliability since the 2010 release.  Not good for production.  2010 had performance issues, and was only 32-bit, but the reliability decrease is frustrating.  And as we both know, 2013 introduced a SLEW of new issues, especially for third-party developers.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report