Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D2011 slow user interface

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
dennyfiedler
737 Views, 10 Replies

C3D2011 slow user interface

I have a problem with dialog window in C3D, it takes up to 10 seconds till I get a display refresh.

The problem goes so far that I can drag a dialog window around and C3D displays new and old position (see attached picture)

at least moving the dialog window forces a refresh and I get to see my selection e.g. surface style selection,

another example would be points import, I select the format and have to wait 10 seconds till I get to see source files.

I tried turning off hardware acceleration and set nvidia control panel to performance but nothing changes.

C3D2011

Win7 64bit , Classic Theme, performance options: best performance

Dell Vostro 3700 4GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M   Driver 8.16.0011.8921

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
wfberry
in reply to: dennyfiedler

With only 4 GB of Ram your hard drive may be taking up the slack of the memory shortfall.  Windows 7 and Civil 3D leaves very little memory left of the 4 GB.

Obviously, this is just my opinion.

Bill

Message 3 of 11
dennyfiedler

I should have mentioned that my workmate has the same problem with 8GB RAM.

Memory size shouldn't be the issue, even after starting an empty drawing and little memory usage according to task manager

the problem is still there. 

Message 4 of 11

you didn't mention if you were C3D 32 bit or x64?

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 5 of 11

I find on my work computer (an Intel core 2 Duo @ 3.00Ghz, 3Gb Ram, Win XP 32bit) it helps to close the properties pallette when not needed.

Without running processmonitor to see whether it is getting hung up on a missing file, I would check your display drivers.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 6 of 11
dennyfiedler

I'm using C3D2011 64Bit, and I finally found a solution, setting ACAD.exe compatibility to "Disable visual themes" solved my problem.

Message 7 of 11
alberto_go

Hi,

How do you set the ACAD.exe compativility to "Disable visual themes"??

Thank you!!

Message 8 of 11
neilyj666
in reply to: alberto_go

Yes I get this problem a lot - how is the visual theme tweak achieved??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 9 of 11
dennyfiedler
in reply to: neilyj666

Task Manager->ACAD.EXE->right click Properties->Disable Visual Themes

Message 10 of 11
alberto_go

Hi,

I found it, but the settings are turned off... I can't find where to turn them on... (see attachment)... any idea?

Message 11 of 11
jfalkowski
in reply to: alberto_go

Try creating an acad.dll - 0kb text file and stick it in the folder with acad.exe

There is a thread somewhere which goes over this but its pretty simple and speeds things up.  Also if your using an Nvidia card, try moving the graphics settings from quality down a notch towards performance.

Jon

IDSP '15 SP3 / '16 SP2
Dell Mobile Precision 7720 - Core i7-7820HQ / Win 10 / 32GB Ram / SSD / Quadro M1200

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report