Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D created P&P sheets that do not include layer filters.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
doni49
336 Views, 4 Replies

C3D created P&P sheets that do not include layer filters.

We have one template that we use for starting all our drawings.  This contains all of our layers, layer filters and most commonly used blocks.

Then we have a template file called "Titleblocks" -- this contains one layout for each different size border as well as vport definitions for Plan, Profile or P&P.

When I used the C3D P&P tool to create my sheets, it of course used the Titleblocks template which means that the filters are lost.  Is there a relatively simple way to add those filters to my sheets?  Each sheet is a layout in a separate dwg file.

TIA!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: doni49

Hi Don,

I remember you asking a related question in the AutoCad forum a while back.

If I'm understanding that you wish to import some layer filters into your plan sheets you can do so using the built in layer filter export & import commands Here.

We have them in our dwt's used for Plan Production sheet creation and they come in with each sheet automatically.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
doni49
in reply to: Jay_B

WOW!  Great memory! 

I had forgotten all about even asking.  Shortly after asking the question, the project got put on hold and I was reassigned to other tasks.  So I haven't been able to touch it.  I just recently got back on it again.

I appreciate your time!

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 5
doni49

I've used the commands to save the filters out and then import them into one of my sheets.

All the filters are there -- but they're all BLANK (undefined).

Here's the properties dialog box for one of the filters in the source file:

LayerFiltersSource.png

The properties dialog for the same filter but in the sheet file:

LayerFilters.png

All the filters are like this.

Don Ireland

Message 5 of 5
doni49

Anyone have any ideas?

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report