Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D Table editing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
739 Views, 7 Replies

C3D Table editing

Anyone have this problem? I've inserted a table into my drawing using the "insert table" command. Entered all of my information, positioned it into the drawing, saved it and then needed to go into another project to do some work. When I came back to my drawing with the table, the table is there and looks great but I cannot select it. It's like it's not there or somehow locked. The layer is not locked. Any ideas where a setting may be that will fix this?

Thanks,

Chris
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you close the drawing that had the table in it and then you could not select it once you re-opened? I've seen the behavior you describe, but it has always gone away after closing and re-opening.

Tim Corey

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 8
andrewpuller3811

Before closing try regenall and/or audit and choose not to fix errors. These usual fix most probs with civil3d objects.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I did not try to audit the drawing but did try regen with no change.

Closing the drawing and reopening did the trick however. Weird, but atleast I now know how to get through that problem.

Thanks guys!

Chris
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Figured I wouldn't start another thread and would just keep this one going.

Along the lines of editing tables (C3D 2008):

I've created my table and entered my data. The client originally wanted all single line text even though they had some pretty lengthy descriptions. Well, once they realized how small the text will be using this guideline, they've said text wrapping is fine. I've set my column widths to work well, and sized my text, but the vertical spacing from the text to the table lines is waaaaay too close now. I have gone back into my "table style" editor under the format menu and selected the style that I created and changed the vertical margin but it does nothing to my table. Does anyone know how I can update my table to have slightly larger vertical margins?

Thanks,

Chris
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Are you certain you're editing the correct cell style?

--

Matt Kolberg
GCS - A Division of Cansel
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Matt!

Yes, I actually set it on "Data", "Header" and "Title" to make certain and adjusted them all. No change in the table. It's like you can only set those parameters when you firts insert the table. I can change them, insert a new table, and the new table looks fine. Just can't seem to update the new table to use the updated style.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

FYI - For anyone searching for a similar problem and stumbling upon this thread. I was able to select my table, right click, and select "Remove all Property Overrides". That allowed me to manipulate my table using the table styles manager.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report