Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D Scale List in Registry

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gccdaemon
1078 Views, 4 Replies

C3D Scale List in Registry

I'm having a problem getting my custom scale list to work correctly when I reset it. In the civil3D scale list area (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-9000:409\AEC\6.5\AecBase60\Scales\) What is the difference between the "FEET" and "INCHES" sections? It appears to me that only the "INCHES section is being inserted into my drawing despite what my units are set to. Are the units even linked to the these sections? Anyone with information on this would be greatly helpful.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gccdaemon
in reply to: gccdaemon

I still can't figgure this out, but I did notice that there is some reference to feet and inches that must be the factor. A default autocad based file defaults to the inches section, and one of my files with a few civil 3D alignments uses the feet section. I'm not sure if there is a place to set the units, but it doesn't appear to be linked to the drawing units or insertion units. If ANYONE can help, please post!

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 3 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: gccdaemon

Perhaps "-DWGUNITS" will get you there.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 5

It depends on the source drawing settings.

If you template units are set to feet the drawing created from it are going to have their units set to feet and use those scales initially. If you then change to inches, then you will get a mix of the 2 as the feet scale will have been referenced and then the inches scales will be added.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 5 of 5
gccdaemon
in reply to: Jeff_M

That was the key. Thanks Jeff.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report