AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
Avera737
Message 1 of 2 (846 Views)

C3D Parts List - Corrugated HDPE Pipe

846 Views, 1 Replies
05-26-2011 08:49 AM

I am currently working on the new template for my firm and I can't seem to figure out how to use the Corrugated HDPE Pipe parts, but customize the material to read "HDPE PIPE" for labeling puposes.  Calling out "CORRUGATED HDPE PIPE" for each pipe is a little excessive and creates cluter.

I understand that there are some workarounds for this that would not require changing the actual part material such as changing the label style to display the pipes' descriptions and setting the descriptions to "HDPE PIPE," but I'd like to try and make use of the field that Autodesk has supplied :smileyhappy:

Any thoughts?

Mentor
david.zavislan
Message 2 of 2 (784 Views)

Re: C3D Parts List - Corrugated HDPE Pipe

05-27-2011 10:36 AM in reply to: Avera737

Material names are saved in in the AeccSharedPropertyLists.xml file.  It will be located in the pipe catalog's folder.  This is where you can change the "CORRUGATED HDPE PIPE" to "HDPE PIPE".

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs