Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D-POINT TRANSLATION

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CADEngr2014
251 Views, 2 Replies

C3D-POINT TRANSLATION

Hello,

I was testing an imperial survey file with its equivalent as a metric survey file.  I created points at all the property corners of the imprial survey file.  Then I exported the points with LandXML.  I thought LandXML would translate the points to the new coordinate / metric system once imported into the metric survey file.  I was surprised to learn that the points did not change to metric or the new coordinate system.  So it appears that if I want to use these points to test the integrity of the metric file for its new coordinate location and metric scale, then I have to use the Map3d functionality inside Civil 3D by performing a query and translating the points from imperial to the metric coordinate/scale.  Is my understanding correct, that LandXML will not translate the point data or am I missing something?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rl_jackson
in reply to: CADEngr2014

Thats correct. If you open the XML file you should also notice at the top that it will state it's imperial (U.S. Survey Feet or IF International Feet) This is hard coded to the XML. If your trying to Translate from Imperial to Metric, you need a PNEZD file that can be queried within MAP3D to adjust to Metric.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: rl_jackson

Your answer is correct working within the program. I just find it faster and more reliable to run the PNEZD file through Corpscon. That way you produce a metric PNEZD file quickly and with good control of the Vertical Datum.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report