Good Morning all!
Our engineer requested me to print off some drawings for the meeting this afternoon so i decided to clean up the drawings for printing. This includes deleting some text that was old and updating some other text.
I am currently trying to edit or delete multi line text as well as single line text. None of the text in the drawing is selectable, so I tried;
1) save drawing and re-open >> No Change
2) Type Audit (use to work before) Select yes >> All text disappears >> type regen >> No change
3) Type Dtexted and set to 1, type audit select yes, save drawing and re-open >> No change
4) Open other drawing to see if text works, Drawing saved in 2011 or older >> Worked..... saved in 2012 >> Worked
5) Switched back to the drawing im trying to edit, try to select text >> Nothing selected
6) After every command typed all text disappears, to view text again type regen.
7) All new multi line text and single line text works fine, as soon as command entered all other old text disappears.
8) Tried switching dtexted from 1 - 2 and from 2 - 1 while auditing and not auditing and saving sometimes while not saving other times >> still no luck.
9) Save drawing as a copy but as an older version, tried all the same steps above >> No change
If there is something i have not tried that you have let me know.
Remember all Layers are on, unfrozen and unlocked. Text can not be edited or selected and as soon as a command is entered (as simple as hitting esc key) all text disappears. New text is not affected. And this drawing was created in C3d 2012>> Running 64-bit
Hoping there is a solution to this problem soon or i might have to re-draw my whole project, or just accept that there is incorrect text on my finish project (unacceptable).
Solved! Go to Solution.
Do you have SP1 installed? I remember reading something about non-selectable mtext prior to the service pack.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.