Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D Frozen Text

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
561 Views, 3 Replies

C3D Frozen Text

Good Morning all!

Our engineer requested me to print off some drawings for the meeting this afternoon so i decided to clean up the drawings for printing. This includes deleting some text that was old and updating some other text.

I am currently trying to edit or delete multi line text as well as single line text. None of the text in the drawing is selectable, so I tried;

1) save drawing and re-open >> No Change

2) Type Audit (use to work before) Select yes >> All text disappears >> type regen >> No change

3) Type Dtexted and set to 1, type audit select yes, save drawing and re-open >> No change

4) Open other drawing to see if text works, Drawing saved in 2011 or older >> Worked..... saved in 2012 >> Worked

5) Switched back to the drawing im trying to edit, try to select text >> Nothing selected

6) After every command typed all text disappears, to view text again type regen.

7) All new multi line text and single line text works fine, as soon as command entered all other old text disappears.

8) Tried switching dtexted from 1 - 2 and from 2 - 1 while auditing and not auditing and saving sometimes while not saving other times >> still no luck.

9) Save drawing as a copy but as an older version, tried all the same steps above >> No change

If there is something i have not tried that you have let me know. 

Remember all Layers are on, unfrozen and unlocked. Text can not be edited or selected and as soon as a command is entered (as simple as hitting esc key) all text disappears. New text is not affected. And this drawing was created in C3d 2012>> Running 64-bit

Hoping there is a solution to this problem soon or i might have to re-draw my whole project, or just accept that there is incorrect text on my finish project (unacceptable).

Thanks,

Justin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JeffPaulsen
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have SP1 installed? I remember reading something about non-selectable mtext prior to the service pack.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

I will look into it, Thanks for the advice.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

Thank you Jeff this solved my Text problem. All text is working like it should.

Justin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report