Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2015 - List of Current Bugs/Issues

155 REPLIES 155
Message 1 of 156
Cadguru42
4496 Views, 155 Replies

C3D 2015 - List of Current Bugs/Issues

With all the problems being reported about 2015, I thought I'd try and consolidate all that I've seen so far. If anyone has anymore feel free to add.

1. Confirmed - Survey Database edited and/or created with 2015 cannot be opened by a previous version of C3D.

2. Confirmed - Delete a survey figure from the panorama results in a crash and the figure(s) not deleted.

3. Confirmed - Map support path not created on install, resulting in Map commands not working. 

4. Confirmed - MAPIINSERT still not reading the GeoTIFF header UNITS at all, resulting in some images in US survey feet being brought in as meters. 

5. Unconfirmed - Extracting swept solids from a corridor does not work in 2015.

6. Unconfirmed - Creating a surface from a RCS file is not in C3D 2015

7. Unconfirmed - Geolocation ribbon tab by default getting focus all the time.

8. Unconfirmed - Command line bar width forgetting its width after close.

9. Unconfirmed - Toggling the lineweight button results in the command line reporting strange messages, even though the lineweights are working correctly.

10. Unconfirmed - Audit sometimes reports many hundreds of thousands or even millions of objects in model and paper spaces. 

11. Unconfirmed - The bug where MrSid images shift in a viewport that's had a UCS rotated has not been fixed.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
155 REPLIES 155
Message 141 of 156
rick.duchscher
in reply to: Cadguru42

As per previous releases you cannot delete the All Points point group, however in 2015 when you select multiple point groups (including the All Points point group)  in the Item List at the bottom of the Prospector tab you can delete all point groups including the All Points group. One note, if the All Points group is at the top of the list you are unable to delete it but if you move down in the list you can then delete it.

Message 142 of 156
jbbarrus
in reply to: walterlewinski

Walter,

How do you replace the macro? 

John

Message 143 of 156
c.bergthold

43. Confirmed - Blocks project to profile based on midpoint of block rather than insertion point as with previous releases.  link

Cory
Message 144 of 156
walterlewinski
in reply to: jbbarrus

Hi John,

Sorry it took a while, thought I had responded earlier and forgot about it.

Here is a snapshot of the cui with the correct macro 'BD, you want to replace '_BD

Walter

Thank you,
Walter

IDSP Premium 2016
Win 7 Pro x64, 256Gb SSD, 4Tb HDD
16Gb Ram Intel i7-5930K @ 3.50GHz
3-NVIDIA GTX 970 4Gb (12Gb) Triple Monitors
Message 145 of 156
jbbarrus
in reply to: walterlewinski

Thanks Walter.

Message 146 of 156
knmdk

Message 147 of 156
JesseMo

So has the 2015 SP2 fixed any of these problems listed?

Message 148 of 156
c.bergthold
in reply to: JesseMo

I am sure they fixed a few of them, definitely not all.  Personally I have found 2015 to be a very buggy release.  Hopefully 2016 is better.

Cory
Message 149 of 156
Cadguru42

@Anonymous wrote:

So has the 2015 SP2 fixed any of these problems listed?

1. Partial Fix - 2015 changed the SQL database version, so it's not directly compatible. You can use a tool Autodesk provided late that can convert back to 2014, but if it's open again in 2015 you'll have to convert it again.

2. Fixed - SP1

3. Broken - The installer still doesn't put the correct paths in.

4. Broken - Autodesk refuses to fix the broken reading of GeoTIFF headers.

5. Fixed - SP2

6. Broken - As far as I know the service packs did not fix this.

7. Broken with workaround - This is an out of box issue that can be "fixed" by making the Geolocation tab have Full without Focus in the CUI editor.

8. Broken - The command line still changes its width with every drawing opened. 

9. Unknown - I don't know if it's been fixed. I haven't seen the issue in a while, but then again I haven't changed line weights in a while either.

10. Broken - This still happens.

11. Broken - Mr Sid images are still shifting if the viewport is rotated. This is still a major bug that Autodesk refuses to fix.

12. Partial Fix - The first issue has been resolved, but there's another issue where half the materials aren't computed, but for different reasons.

13. Fixed - AutoCAD service pack fixed this.

14. Fixed - Think from an AutoCAD SP

15. Broken - This is still broken and is similar to #3.

16. Broken - Medians still can't cross centerlines after almost two years.

17. Unknown - I don't know if it's fixed or not.

18. Fixed - SP1

19. Broken - Not listed as a fix in any service pack

20. Fixed - SP1

21. Fixed - SP1

22. Fixed - SP1

23. Unknown - I haven't run into this one.

24. Fixed - SP1

25. Unknown - It sounds like an AutoCAD issue.

26. Broken - Custom fillet arcs are still broken, at least according to the C3D service pack fixes

27. Broken - Has not been fixed yet

28. Fixed - SP2

29. Unkown - I haven't tried to see if C3D still crashes

30. Broken - Warning still happens

31. Broken - Issues with performance when Mr. Sid images are used still exists. 

32. Fixed 

33. Broken - Still can't open a 4th generation Mr. Sid image.

34. Broken - Still crashing when trying to customize the scale list from an OOTB template

35. Fixed - SP2

36. Fixed - 

37. Broken - As far as I know this hasn't been fixed. It's not listed on the service pack readmes.

38. Unknown - I haven't tried to check if the icon is created correctly.

39. Broken - Still cannot export a pipe network to LandXML correctly. 

40. Broken - Still cannot edit a pipe part box culvert size

41. Unknown - Possibly fixed with SP2, but readme doesn't quite fit the bug listed.

42. Broken - It's not listed as being fixed in SP2 as it's a block not projecting correct, not a solid.

43. Broken - TTF fonts still not plotting correctly when transparancy is applied to the layer

44. Unknown - I've never used FLATSHOT so I don't know if it's fixed or not.

Looks like out of 44 issues/bugs with C3D 2015, 15 have been fixed (or partially fixed), 21 are still broken, and 8 are unknown. And we're only two or three months away from 2016 with almost half of the bugs still present in 2015. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 150 of 156
JesseMo
in reply to: thejac

Thanks for the update!  We're trying to deploy 2015, so this is good to know.  What about the error mentioned below?  Thanks!

@thejac wrote:

Confirmed - C3D 2014/2015 - data shortcut pipe network objects not honoring drawing-specific styles. Autodesk working to resolve this issue.

1. Create a pipe network in a parent drawing.

2. Start a ‘child’ drawing from the same template (ie, has all the same styles built in).

3. Data short-cut the pipe network from the parent drawing into the child.

4. In the child drawing, change the style of a pipe network object (either structures or pipes, both are affected).

5. Make a edit to the parent drawing to prompt the child drawing to request synchronization.

6. Synchronize the network in the child drawing.

7. Styles that were changed in the child drawing revert to those applied in the parent drawing

Message 151 of 156
rkmcswain

Mordecai wrote:

Thanks for the update!  We're trying to deploy 2015, so this is good to know.  What about the error mentioned below?  Thanks!

That was fixed in 2015-SP1, as noted here.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 152 of 156
Cadguru42

@engrtech wrote:

41. Confirmed Defect - Cannot use custom parameters in a part catalog in C3D 2015. Example to make one can be found here (http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/07/assigning-optional-properties-to-a-part-size.html) Confirmed with Autodesk and there is no workaround.

This is still broken in SP3.

I haven't checked if 2016 fixes this because of the other issues with pipe networks in 2016 where it can't be used for plan production.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 153 of 156

21. Confirmed Defect - Alignment with a profile cannot be grip-edited without crashing. Related to #20.:

an confirm am still experiencing this bug in 2023

Message 154 of 156

Can you supply a DWG file? I can grip edit an alignment that has a profile, corridor, sample lines and sections with no issue. Also, can you provide a video of how you're grip editing?
Thanks
Kevin

Kevin Spear, PE
Message 155 of 156

Hi Kevin 

Thanks for the quick response. 

Just to check, are attachements posted in forum, sorry my first time actually reporting a bug. 

cheers

Charlie

Message 156 of 156

yes, you can do that. It's an option when you either create a new Post or Reply to a Post. The Quick Reply option limits the response to just text.
Thanks
Kevin

Kevin Spear, PE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report