Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2015 - List of Current Bugs/Issues

155 REPLIES 155
Message 1 of 156
Cadguru42
4447 Views, 155 Replies

C3D 2015 - List of Current Bugs/Issues

With all the problems being reported about 2015, I thought I'd try and consolidate all that I've seen so far. If anyone has anymore feel free to add.

1. Confirmed - Survey Database edited and/or created with 2015 cannot be opened by a previous version of C3D.

2. Confirmed - Delete a survey figure from the panorama results in a crash and the figure(s) not deleted.

3. Confirmed - Map support path not created on install, resulting in Map commands not working. 

4. Confirmed - MAPIINSERT still not reading the GeoTIFF header UNITS at all, resulting in some images in US survey feet being brought in as meters. 

5. Unconfirmed - Extracting swept solids from a corridor does not work in 2015.

6. Unconfirmed - Creating a surface from a RCS file is not in C3D 2015

7. Unconfirmed - Geolocation ribbon tab by default getting focus all the time.

8. Unconfirmed - Command line bar width forgetting its width after close.

9. Unconfirmed - Toggling the lineweight button results in the command line reporting strange messages, even though the lineweights are working correctly.

10. Unconfirmed - Audit sometimes reports many hundreds of thousands or even millions of objects in model and paper spaces. 

11. Unconfirmed - The bug where MrSid images shift in a viewport that's had a UCS rotated has not been fixed.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
155 REPLIES 155
Message 101 of 156
rkmcswain
in reply to: Cadguru42

engrtech wrote:

34. Confirmed Defect - When an OOTB C3D template is used, C3D will crash when you try to customize the scale list. Does not affect acad.dwt or any templates created from acad.dwt.  (nathan.hendrickson)

Started using 2015 this week and I think I've already exceeded the number of CER's from 2 years of using 2013.

I can't even SET the scale of a viewport now. As soon as I pick a scale from the dropdown list, a 2 second pause, then CRASH.

But the dark theme looks good, so I'd say it all evens out....

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 102 of 156
Cadguru42

35. Confirmed Defect - Refill factor not working properly (fcernst)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Confirmed-Defect-Refill-Factor-Not-Working-Pr...

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 103 of 156
PowerCAD98
in reply to: rkmcswain

I get the same thing as well but I've found that if i recover the file and create the scale factor within model space then change it, it works.  So far I'm so disapointed with C3d 2015.  I went to it from 2013 and I've lost 100s of hours of billable time due to the constant crashing.  it doesn't matter if its a project with a small data set or a large one, crash, CRash, CRASH all day long!  For the thousands of dollars we spend on this software this shouldn't be happening.  

Now I'm being told that it's my screen size that's causing problems.  SERIOUSLY!!  I have one 28" monitor and my secondary monitor is a 24", been using them for 4 years with no problem and then now it's an issue.  I can only hope they are listening to us!!  I'm so over pulling all nighter just to do the same exact task 3-6 times to get a job done.

Sorry for the vent but I'm beyond frustrated!!

Yvonne Stillman

PowerCAD Inc.

Principal, Sr. Project Manager, CSI

Message 104 of 156
rkmcswain
in reply to: PowerCAD98

yvonne wrote:

Now I'm being told that it's my screen size that's causing problems.

Who is telling you that?

What proof is there to back that up?

Message 105 of 156
neilyj666

Yes - I'd be interested in the reasoning behind this assertion

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 106 of 156
rkmcswain

yvonne wrote:

I went to it from 2013 and I've lost 100s of hours of billable time due to the constant crashing.

Also, can you go back to 2013? I agree that 2015 has a lot of problems, but it would be hard to rack up 100s of hours of lost billable time before I reverted back to something that worked. I suppose the choice to revert could be out of your control also....?

Lastly, keep sending in those CERs and creating subscription support tickets. Everyone has to let Autodesk know about the issues in order to get them addressed.

Message 107 of 156
Cadguru42

@yvonne wrote:

I get the same thing as well but I've found that if i recover the file and create the scale factor within model space then change it, it works.  So far I'm so disapointed with C3d 2015.  I went to it from 2013 and I've lost 100s of hours of billable time due to the constant crashing.  it doesn't matter if its a project with a small data set or a large one, crash, CRash, CRASH all day long!  For the thousands of dollars we spend on this software this shouldn't be happening.  

Now I'm being told that it's my screen size that's causing problems.  SERIOUSLY!!  I have one 28" monitor and my secondary monitor is a 24", been using them for 4 years with no problem and then now it's an issue.  I can only hope they are listening to us!!  I'm so over pulling all nighter just to do the same exact task 3-6 times to get a job done.

Sorry for the vent but I'm beyond frustrated!!

Yvonne Stillman

PowerCAD Inc.

Principal, Sr. Project Manager, CSI

Before 2015 came out, the most buggy version of C3D I've ever used was 2013. 2014 works better than 2013 & 2015, but it has its own problems. The last really good version was 2012. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 108 of 156
Cadguru42

36. Confirmed Defect - Recent files list limited to 10. AutoCAD SP1 fixes this, but since it doesn't affect C3D we have to wait. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 109 of 156
neilyj666

Perhaps not a defect as such as it doesn't affect the functionality; maybe more of an annoyance.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 110 of 156
PowerCAD98

I was told that the high resolution of my 28" monitor might be the issue. This was by a tech at CadMasters.
Message 111 of 156
PowerCAD98

yes it was initially out of my control and I would of just gone back to previous versions but I was directed to do a Clean uninstall to try to fix the freezing/crashing issues, which uninstalls all autodesk related products and start fresh. so that meant i had to go thru the process of reloading all the old software all over again. I loaded 2014 last night and so far so good. i did have a crash when trying to freeze a hatch from an xref inside a viewport but that's it so far.
Message 112 of 156
Cadguru42

37. Confirmed Defect - The Cumulative Net volume calculation is not using the Reusable Cut volume. (fcernst)

Yeah, #36 (the recents list) isn't technically a "defect", but it's one of the issues that was changed and Autodesk said was a mistake that'll be fixed with the service pack. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 113 of 156
RDunkley

#37 Unconfirmed - When trying to create an image for my Pallette Tools using the "Set Image From Selection..." command, the resulting image is an 3D Rotated View rather than a Plan type view...?

Regards.
Ross.

Currently using Civil 3D 2022
Message 114 of 156
ceethreedee.com

Wow forum moderator,..? can we have a seperate sub section for "bug/issues" Civil 3D 😛

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com
Message 115 of 156
neilyj666
in reply to: ceethreedee.com

I don't imagine Autodesk want to draw attention to the number of bugs in the latest version of the software.....Smiley Wink

EESignature

Message 116 of 156
CADDESK70

It affect's IDSU installs as well...

Message 117 of 156
ceethreedee.com
in reply to: CADDESK70

Because Autodesk Won't

http://ceethreedee.com/civil-3d-bugs

(p.s its a bug list, comment on page to contribute or contact me directly to become a contributor)

(p.s.s its seem to be all the rage)

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com
Message 118 of 156
rkmcswain
in reply to: ceethreedee.com

I've got a few here too.

BTW: The "Cannot copy a layout by selecting a layout tab, hold CTRL and drag left or right", is not a bug. It's working as designed in 2015 per Autodesk. This also affects the ability to drag a layout tab into the SSM palette, for the purpose of adding a layout to a SS. That no longer works either.

Message 119 of 156
Cadguru42

39. Confirmed Defect - Affects C3D 2014/2015. Using a custom part catalog, export a pipe network to LandXML and try to import the LandXML back into a new drawing. It results in the pipes not coming in, but structures do. The same part catalog and same LandXML work in 2012 and 2013. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 120 of 156
ACADuser
in reply to: dsimeone

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's an update on R2015 service pack status:

1. AutoCAD 2015 SP1 is shipping and can be applied to Civil 3D installations that came from the IDS-P or IDS-U. This will provide users with AutoCAD-specific updates.
  2. Civil 3D 2015 SP1 is actively in development (final stages). As with previous service packs, this combines updates delivered by AutoCAD, Map 3D and other common Autodesk components that we leverage. This SP will target Civil 3D via suite or standalone. It will also install on systems where AutoCAD SP1 has been installed. I can't provide details on delivery schedule... However in the past we've released the Civil 3D SP ~4-6 weeks after AutoCAD.

Thanks

Dave Simeone

Dave - Are there plans to provide standalone Civil 3D users with these AutoCAD updates?  Civil 3D provides the same functionality as plain AutoCAD so we have no need for a separate install nor can we justify the additional cost.  We would be very appreciative if AutoDesk provided these updates to all customers at the same time.

ACADuser
Civil 3D 2018, Raster Design 2018
Windows 7 Enterprise
Dell Precision 5810 Workstation
Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3 @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB GDDR5
DUAL 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713HM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report