Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2014 Hotfix 1 problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
genepaulacepeter
1348 Views, 6 Replies

C3D 2014 Hotfix 1 problem

Before installing the hotfix 1 on C3D 2014 i have no problem to insert my own subassembly from the Subassembly Composer 2014 to my tool palette and to the assembly in C3D 2014.After installing the hotfix 1 I'm unable to work whit the subassembly whithin C3D and i have this message in the event viewer.

"Something wrong with current subassembly: Failed to create a 'Settings' from the text 'Assembly references and imported namespaces serialized as XML namespaces'."  (Source: Subassembly.My Lane)"

I unistalled the hotfix 1 and everything works fine again. Does anybody have this problem or a solution to fix it apart from unistalling hotfix 1.

gene

C3D 2013 (SP1) (HF3.0)

C3D 2014

Win7 pro,64-bit

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I read you can't uninstall the Hotfix.  Has to be a complete uninstall.  Thanks for the head's up on the issue.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

@trogers wrote:

I read you can't uninstall the Hotfix.  Has to be a complete uninstall.  Thanks for the head's up on the issue.

thats not true

from read me

It is required to have the original installation source files for the uninstall to be successful. It is not possible to uninstall the Hotfix if the installation source is a Network Administrative Image with Hotfix 1 merged.

Follow these instructions to uninstall this hotfix on a single computer.

1. Insert the product media (for example, the Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D installation disc) or make sure the installation source files are available.
  2. In Windows Control Panel > Uninstall a Program select View Installed Updates.
  3. Under the Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 heading, right-click on Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 HF1 and choose Uninstall.

Note: Uninstalling the hotfix in a side by side environment where AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 and AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 are installed on the same machine may cause licensing errors for the applications on start up. Should this occur, follow these instructions to resolve the issue:

The problem is caused by the adlmint.dll and the adlm_libFNP.dll files in the installation root folder being out of sync.

Copy these two files from your install DVD which are located in the "<DVD Drive>:\x64\C3D\Program Files\Root\Retargetable Folder #2" folder and paste them into the installation root folder i.e. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: DarrenP

Whew Man Surprised, that's a relief.  Thanks DP!!

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 7

I initially installed C3D 2014 and Hotfix 1. I then couldn't import any subassemblies as per the original poster.

However after I uninstalled Hotfix 1 it did not resolve the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem yet?

This is a pretty big deal for me as the majority of subasseblies I use are from SAC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jason

Message 6 of 7

Seems to be the same with Service Pack 2 2013!! Autodesk?????
Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com
Message 7 of 7

All

Install DOT NET 4.5. Subassemblies will now work. (this worked for me Civil 3d 2013 SP2)

Also worked for other users

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Civil-3D-2013-Servicepack-2/td-p/4357336

Could have at least said something in the Service Pack 2 Readme Autodesk!

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/AutoCAD_Civil_3D_2013_SP2.htm

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report