Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013 & dll's

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
neilyj666
543 Views, 6 Replies

C3D 2013 & dll's

Seems like all my existing dll's won't work in C3D 2013 without some code alterations - fantastic......!!!!!!

A small QA point - someone didn't check the names on the panels to ensure consistency. I know its a minor thing that's easily fixed but come on AutoDesk

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: neilyj666

Many customization files targeting C3D have needed to be recompiled for new versions every year. Those that didn't were able to be done using strictly .NET API.objects. But the AutoCAD 2013 API has undergone major changes, and C3D2013 has also made major changes in the API. So ALL .NET DLL's wiil not only need to be recompiled for 2013, but they will also need to undergo some code updates before compiling.

Not sure I'm seeing what you are about the names.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: Jeff_M

@Jeff_M wrote:

Many customization files targeting C3D have needed to be recompiled for new versions every year. Those that didn't were able to be done using strictly .NET API.objects. But the AutoCAD 2013 API has undergone major changes, and C3D2013 has also made major changes in the API. So ALL .NET DLL's wiil not only need to be recompiled for 2013, but they will also need to undergo some code updates before compiling.

..thus rendering all the dll's I use in 2012 useless.....Smiley Sad

Not sure I'm seeing what you are about the names.

Inconsistency with the naming i.e TRIM rather than Trim and fillet rather than Fillet - I've got the European English version so could be different to yours. I've fixed it now anyway - and put the Volumes calculation back on the Ribbon

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
neilyj666

Jeff

A few months ago you modified some Autodesk supplied code to run as a dll (C3D Working Plane) - would you be able to update for 2013??

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-Customization/Working-Plane-Grading-tools/m-p/3310593...

Thanks

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Jeff_M

On my list of things to do. Now, if only I would be provided with the 2013 download on Subscription center....not sure of when I may be able to do this. (But probably fairly soon.)

EESignature
Message 6 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: Jeff_M

That'd be great if you could manage it,,,,my subscription download worked first time using the download manager today

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Jeff_M

Still not even available to me on Subscription....

However, since I have other means available (ADN) have a look HERE

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report