Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013: Survey Tutorial - Creating Survey Data Using the Traverse Editor.?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
scottchang
614 Views, 8 Replies

C3D 2013: Survey Tutorial - Creating Survey Data Using the Traverse Editor.?

Hi all,

I am doing Survey Tutorial: Manually Creating Survey Data =>Exercise 2: Creating Survey Data Using the Traverse Editor - see the first 2 pages of the instructions from the HELP of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013. I just reached the section of Set up a traverse and define control points => Step 4 in specifying 1 for Initial Station and 4 for Initial Backsight - see the third attached file.  I don't see the "OK" button for Step 5 in the Panorama!!??  How can I finish this Step 5?  This is my second attempt to do this tutorial.  In my first attempt, I used "SAVE" button to get out of this step and I did not see the following message: A message is displayed indicating that initial station point 1 is not defined. Click Yes to define it (for Step 6). Similarly, I had the same problem for Steps 8 & 9 and I could not finish Step 12 (Click OK) to see: The Traverse Editor is displayed!!??    Please kindly help and advise me what is wrong with the section of Set up a traverse and define control points of this tutorial and how I can do it correctly to go on.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Chang

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
g_k50
in reply to: scottchang

There's a check box on the right top of panorama that is the OK button.

It has a green check in the box, click on that button.

Message 3 of 9
scottchang
in reply to: g_k50

Hi g_k50, Thanks for your nice response.

I did what you said to complete Step 5.  I don't see the message that indicates: initial station point 1 is not defined!!?? What should I do next? Should I go on to do Step 7?  Please kindly help and respond again. 

Thanks again,

Scott Chang.

Message 4 of 9
g_k50

It might be that station 1 is already in the drawing.  I would just proceed.  I haven't used the survey portion of Autocad, it's more for surveyors.

Message 5 of 9
scottchang

Hi g_k50,

I completed Step 8 (i.e. Click OK). I did not see the messages in Steps 9 and 10. I proceeded to do Step 11: typed 45 for Direction, but I did not see anything in "From Point" and "To Point" in this dialog box - see the newly attached file. I think it is not right for "From Point" and "To Point" being blank!!?? What should I put into these 2 lines?  Please help and advise again.

Many Thanks,

Scott Chang

P. S. I am doing this tutorial to understand the codes of .fbk file.

Message 6 of 9
g_k50

It might be more efficient to ask for help on this site with understanding the codes of the .fbk file.

I'll see if I can get the survey tutorial figured out.

Message 7 of 9
g_k50

I got it to work by putting in 2-4 in the stations column

Message 8 of 9
g_k50

Here's what the tutorial missed.

You need to add stations when the New Traverse is set up in step 4.

in the Stations box enter 2-4.

That should bring up the correct sequence of boxes to fininsh the tutorial.

Message 9 of 9
scottchang

Hi g_k50,

I am not able to do the Step 13 of "Set up a traverse and define control points" or the instructions you posted last time!!

I am lost comletely now.  My AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 software program was installed by our computer team. Does this C3D 2013 software program have the C3D 2013 SP1? Can my problem in this tutorial Exercise cause by lacking of the SP! of C3D 2013?  Please kindly help and respond again.

Thanks again,

Scott Chang

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report