Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013: Provo GeoSurveying - Direction of an Alignment?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
scottchang
257 Views, 2 Replies

C3D 2013: Provo GeoSurveying - Direction of an Alignment?

Hi all,

I imported 5182 points (in the NEZ format) into my AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 (English Metric) and then created a Surface from these points (Style: Contours 1m and 5m (Background)). I selected a polyline => Alignment => Create Alignment from Objects - see the attached file.  How can I verify the direction of the alignment I just created?  Please kindly help and advise.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Chang 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
troma
in reply to: scottchang

Hover the mouse near the alignment and observe the station in the tooltip;
Or add labels to the alignment (even temporarily);
Or Edit Alignment Geometry and open the Alignment Grid View (third button from the right) and use the grid view to highlight segments of the alignment.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: scottchang

When you create the alignment from objects, it asks if you want to reverse the direction. At that point, there will be an arrow displayed on the polyline showing the direction the alignment will be created.

Also, it would probably work better if you run the command and then select the polyline. This way, when you select the polyline, select it near the end where you wan it to begin.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report