Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013: How to label the "Name" of Point in 2 Point Groups

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
scottchang
313 Views, 5 Replies

C3D 2013: How to label the "Name" of Point in 2 Point Groups

Hi all,

I have created 8 points (from 4 locations with 2 depths in each location) in _All Points/Points. These 8 points are grouped into 2 Point Groups: Points #1, #3, #5 & #7 for Point Group - (1) Depth#1 and Points #2, #4, #6 & #8 for Point Group - (2) Depth#2. The "Name" of Point is filled with the SampleID (like cdc-ss01-s1, cdc-ss01-s2,...) - see the attached file. From the HELP of AutoCAD C3D 2013,  I have read/studies the "Point Tables" and "Point Label Styles" and I cannot figure out how to label the 8 points to show the "Point Number", "Point Elevation", and "Name" of Point (i. e. the SampleID like cdc-ss01-s1 & cdc-ss01-s2, ....).!!   Please kindly help and give me the detailed instructions for ontaining the labels for these 8 points.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Chang 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: scottchang

Perhaps you have mixed NAME and DESCRIPTIONS.  Check out just what you point label display is supposed to show.  Normally it is in Description, so perhaps your label should be showing NAME.  Select your Label Style in Settings and see what is shown in under the Component name.  There is a dropdown arrow next to it.

Bill

Message 3 of 6
scottchang
in reply to: wfberry

Hi Bill, Thanks for your response.

I definitely want to show the "Name" of Point (i. e. my SampleID) on my DWG.  Please kindly help me and give me the detailed instructions of labelin the "Name" of Point as much as you can.

Many Thanks,

Scott Chang 

Message 4 of 6
Jeff_M

Edit your point label style used, or create a new one, that includes the Name property. Make sure to press the arrow key to place it in the editor window.

8-12-2013 9-51-56 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 6
scottchang
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi Jeff,  Thanks for your nice, valuable resonse.

I was lucky to get the step you showed in the "Label Styles" of Settings and got the "Name" of Point done.  I got the "Name" (i.e.SampleID) appeared on my DWG.  But it is pretty messy - see the newly attached file.  Please tell me how I can get the "Name" showed up on my DWG neatly.

Thanks again,

Scott Chang 

Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M

Scott, this is basic Style creation & editing. In order to annotate any C3D object you must have a firm understanding of how to edit the style. I highly recommend going through the tutorials on this:

You can change the appearance by manipulating the Anchor point, Attachment point, X/Y offsets, text size, rotation, etc. You will also want to remove the default "LABEL TEXT" from the component you added.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report