Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013 Hotfix 2 released

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
Jeff_M
1729 Views, 30 Replies

C3D 2013 Hotfix 2 released

Saw this on Being Civil: C3D2013 HF2

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
johnfraser
in reply to: neilyj666

Ok, so when I started up my system again this morning I was getting four error messages on C3D Metric startup (3 attached). I also couldn't seem to open any drawings without crashing. Like before, C3D Imperial seemed to work fine.

So, I reset the profile again, and was no longer getting the error messages. I didn't bother too much about trying to get my settings back yet, in case the same thing happened next time I booted up. So I restarted my machine, and it seems to still be working ok in that respect. EXCEPT that I seem to have lost the C3D workspaces, meaning that I can't access any of the C3D specific menus. I just have the standard AutoCAD workspaces. Even when I open up the CUI I can't see the C3D ribbon tabs.

If I open C3D as Imperial however, I still have the C3D workspace/menus etc. What is going on??

Message 22 of 31
johnfraser
in reply to: johnfraser

So, 5 hours later. C3D Imperial is now behaving the same way that C3D Metric was this morning - i.e. giving error messages during startup and then getting stuck trying to open any drawing.

C3D Metric is still not giving me C3D menus, and (seemingly since opening up C3D 2012 briefly) is now giving me the same error messages as yesterday, and having a fatal error when I try to open any drawing.

I had not had any problems with C3D 2013 (other than semi-frequent crashing) prior to installing this hotfix.

Message 23 of 31
Geurt

I hope my problem is related. I have C3D 2013 and have installed hotfix 2. I have the problem that C3D 2013 crash when I try to load a C3D 2012 drawing. Loading the drawing with C3D 2012 gives no problem. This problem occurs also when I want to attach an earlier version drawing to a C3D2013 drawing.

As background to my computer: I am working in metric, have a i7 CPU, 16 GB memory, standard NVidia screen card, 2x 22" monitors and at least 1TB HDD available.

I notice from Autodesk site that I can no longer download hotfix 2 (or 1 for that matter as it points to hotfix 2's addy). I am a subscription owner (not that it means anything if you have so many problems with an upgrade as what C3D 2013 realised to)

Thank you

Geurt

Geurt Bloem Pr Eng
Autocad C3D
Message 24 of 31
neilyj666

Interesting that the hotfix has been pulled and is not currently available.......seems to vindicate all the posts indicating problems with it...!!!!Smiley Wink

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 25 of 31
DarrenP

i just noticed that

the autocad 2013 service pack was pulled and now the civil 3d 2013 hotfix 2 is being pulled

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 26 of 31
neilyj666

I think the AutoCAD service pack was pulled due to security checking issues with LISP and VBA macros but no idea what happened with hotfix 2

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

Message 27 of 31
GTVic

@neilyj666 wrote:

I reset the C3D_UKIE profile in Options > Profiles and all seems ok again.....so far

Sorry for such a lengthy post but I'm not sure Reset should be used with a vertical product and here is why.

I don't believe AutoCAD/Civil3D has any functionality built in to reset a profile to a shipping vertical product profile. How would you know what you are resetting to, Civil 3D comes with quite a few profiles? Hoping that it resets a profile to a shipping profile of the same name is a bit of a stretch IMHO.

Likewise the "Set Current" button really is a bit of a misnamed button in a vertical product because the shortcut you use to start Civil 3D specifices a specific profile indepentdant of what you may have previously "Set Current".

I have a profile called "<<C3D_Metric> Default" which I renamed from an uncustomized "<<C3D_Metic>>" after running Civil 3D for the first time. I have an exported custom profile ARG file that I import and rename to <<C3D_Metric>> so when I run Civil 3D from the default metric shortcut I get the our custom profile.

So if I take "<<C3D_Metric> Default" and make a copy of it to "Copy of Original <<C3D_Metric>>" and then export both I should get the same ARG file (except for the profile name) right? It is close but the following keys are missing. The keys are empty so not a huge deal assuming Civil 3D will recreate them as needed but it shows there is not a lot of attention to detail in this area.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-B000:409\Profiles\<<C3D_Metric>> Default\Dialogs\CustomizeDialog\TabExtensions]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-B000:409\Profiles\<<C3D_Metric>> Default\StatusBar]

Now if I take "Copy of Original <<C3D_Metric>>" and make another copy to "Reset of Original <<C3D_Metric>>", reset THAT profile, and then export it to an ARG and compare then the fun really begins.

Copy of Original:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-B000:409\Profiles\Copy of Original <<C3D_Metric>>\Defaults\AecBase70]

Reset of Copy of Original:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-B000:409\Profiles\Reset of Original <<C3D_Metric>>\<<C3D_Metric>>\Defaults\AecBase70]

So you can see that the registry key path has an extra key in there named "<<C3D_Metric>>" which I pretty sure means Civil 3D can't read it.

Also, if I look at my workspace list all I have is the default AutoCAD workspaces, no Civil 3D workspace, no Civil 3D ribbon tabs.

At this point I think all I'm getting is mostly just AutoCAD, a little bit of Civil 3D, and a lot of missing settings (the 'reset' ARG file has lost 15% of its content).

Here is a typical support path for Civil 3D:

OriginalC3DProfile.jpg

Here is what I get after resetting the profile (looks a lot like vanilla AutoCAD to me):

ResetC3DProfile.jpg

Message 28 of 31
neilyj666
in reply to: GTVic

Thanks for this comprehensive analysis - all I know is that my C3D worked properly after the reset profile. 

Perhaps the hotfix broke more than it fixed (as seems to be the case more often than not with Civil 3D these days)

EESignature

Message 29 of 31
GTVic

You may want to check your support file search path and at least add in the last three folders which may be missing.

Message 30 of 31
neilyj666
in reply to: GTVic

All seem to be present and correct....

EESignature

Message 31 of 31
DarrenP

its back up: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20384157&linkID=9240697&CMP=OTC-RSS...

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report