Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013 Hotfix 2 released

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
Jeff_M
1745 Views, 30 Replies

C3D 2013 Hotfix 2 released

Saw this on Being Civil: C3D2013 HF2

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
neilyj666
in reply to: Jeff_M

Anyone tried this yet - given the debacle with recent Service Pack for vanilla AutoCAD 2013 I'm reluctant to take the plunge until I've heard some feedback from othersSmiley Frustrated

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 31
wfberry
in reply to: neilyj666

Not much to feed back.  Installed the Hotfix, opened up drawing I have been working in, OK there.  However, I have a "carryover" project that I am still working with 2012, therefore back to it.

Bill

Message 4 of 31
neilyj666

Yes, the readme doesn't seem to include many major "fixes"

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 31
Jeff_M

Neil, it is a HotFix to get some (I count 7) major crash/performance issues corrected now, rather than having to wait for a full service pack that still may be months away. I think it's great Autodesk is addressing these critical issues as soon as they can.

EESignature
Message 6 of 31
neilyj666

Granted - although I can't say I've been affected by any of the issues addressed

EESignature

Message 7 of 31
GZE
Advocate

At the end of istallation it says the service pack is successfully installed so what is the difference between hotfix and service pack?

Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
Message 8 of 31
neilyj666

FANTASTIC - This hotfix has broken Civil 3D 2013 - I knew I should have waitedSmiley MadSmiley Mad

I can start as AutoCAD but that's not much help...!!!!!

EESignature

Message 9 of 31
DarrenP
in reply to: GZE

Service Packs allow us to deliver more complex changes but require more time to produce and verify than Updates. Like Hotfixes, Updates only affect targeted areas of the product associated with particular issues.

There are a couple of other differences between Service Packs and Updates.

Service packs can be included in deployment images, Updates can't. Service Packs increment the build number, Updates don't. After applying an update you will neither see a difference in the build number nor a change to the release name in the About dialog.

pulled from here: http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2012/06/update-or-service-pack-not-exactly-the-sam...

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 31
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

i assume its the same for Civil 3D

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 31
hgohel
in reply to: DarrenP

@DarrenP wrote:

i assume its the same for Civil 3D

Not necessarily.  Hotfix 2 will update the build number.  When you run AECCVERSION a couple of modules will show build number 1311 to reflect the change.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 31
neilyj666
in reply to: hgohel

....all very interesting but this doesn't repair my installation...?!?!?!?!

I have tried restarting with the C3D Metric Profile and the program appears to be ok.
The problem seems to be when I start with C3D UKIE profile which begs the questions - how does this get resolved??

EESignature

Message 13 of 31
neilyj666

I reset the C3D_UKIE profile in Options > Profiles and all seems ok again.....so far

EESignature

Message 14 of 31
hgohel

Neil,

Thanks for the update.  We are narrowing down the situation in which C3D 2013 hotfix 2 may create the problem you ran into.  It is related to the AutoCAD support path, and by resetting your profile that path was reset, allowing C3D to launch normally.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 15 of 31
Jeff_M

Himanshu, looking at the different profiles in the Registry, both my custom pre-HF2 profile and the C3D-Imperial profile have 48 entries under the General Section. However, both the C3D-Metric and C3D-UKIE profiles have just 21 entries. Once I reset these profiles, they have all the other entries added.

EESignature
Message 16 of 31
Jeff_M

Although I could still start C3D with either of those minimal profiles and upon exiting all of the missing entries were added. So I guess it was supposed to be like that. I'll go back to watching...

EESignature
Message 17 of 31
johnfraser

I am having the same problem as Neil. I can launch C3D as AutoCAD, or C3D Imperial - but not C3D Metric which is my default profile. I get 5 error messages and then the program crashes.

I have had HEAPS of trouble with C3D 2013 crashing all of the time, so I was stoked when I saw that this hotfix was available. Unfortunately my joy was short-lived.

I would really like a proper solution to this ASAP.

Also, having started C3D Imperial and switched profiles/workspaces etc to my settings, I've noticed that the icons (for 'new layer' etc) in my layer manager are all wrong?! See attachment. They still function correctly, and have the correct description when I hover over them. But wtf, seriously?

Message 18 of 31
Jeff_M
in reply to: johnfraser

John, I believe that if you start C3D using the <<C3d-Imperial>> profile, go to Options, Profiles tab, select the <<C3D-Metric>> profile, choose the 'Reset' Option, close C3D and restart using the Metric shortcut, that should get you up & going.

EESignature
Message 19 of 31
johnfraser

Thanks Jeff, that seems to have fixed my immediate problems.

Message 20 of 31
neilyj666

This seems to be the accepted workaround so far

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report