Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013 Freezes after selecting "Select profile view origin"

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
normans
2052 Views, 7 Replies

C3D 2013 Freezes after selecting "Select profile view origin"

I have created a pipe network and am now creating an alignment and profile from that network. I follow the steps outlined in help file and when I get to "Select profile view origin" C3D freezes. I can invoke the Task Manager and choose to end C3D, then cancel when prompted to save file and control is returned. But no profile is created. Any suggestions? Is it a video card issue maybe?

Seems like it is creating the alignment but freezes before the profile is created - In Prospector there are aligments in the misc category from multiple tries but no profiles associated with them. When it occurs I can't zoom or pan in C3D but I can switch to another app.

Thanks in advance.

Civil 3D 2015 SP 2, 64 bit
Dell Precision T5600, 16 GB
Win 7 Professional 64 bit
Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
troma
in reply to: normans

Try...
AUDIT, fix errors.
Close, Open drawing
RECOVER drawing
Close Program, restart.
Shut down machine, reboot

Any help?

BTW, you don't need to recreate the alignment every time. You can just use the 'Create Profile View' command.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 8
normans
in reply to: troma

Thanks, troma

I tried your suggestions, still am not able to follow the help file steps without c3d freezing.

I can't spend anymore time with it right now. It is however very discouraging to me. My company just replaced my computer and I thought I might have an easier time and then I can't even follow an example from the help file without problems.

I am able to create a profile view using the alignment that was created and I will be able to get this job done. I'll always wonder why my system doesn't do as the book says and what else will it not do? I also wonder does no one else have this issue? Or is it that no one creates profiles from pipe networks?

What do you recommend for these threads - I don't want to accept as solution but don't want to leave it hanging either. Anyway to delete them?

Cheers

Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 4 of 8
Jeff_M

Don't delete anything. This is a bug that was reported long ago and I had forgotten about because, no, I don't normally create an alignment and profile from pipe network components. When yo are prompted for the ProfileView location, and it hangs with that blasted arrow, make the command/text box active so you can type n the command line. Enter a random x,y coordinate and the PV will be placed at that location and the command will complete. Zoom Extents, select the PV, grip edit move it to where you really want it. Done and worked around.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 8
normans
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for the info, I thought it was just me!

I had tried what you suggested, although not sure of how I got there, but I remember typing 5000, 5000 and the profile view was placed there.

Appreciate your time and have a good one,

Norman

Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 6 of 8
knmdk

Does anyone know if this bug will be fixed anytime soon? I'm stuck forever with C3D 2013 & this bug is extremely annoying!

Tags (2)
Message 7 of 8
Cory3636

Have they fixed this issue yet? I'm running 2023 and STILL having this problem... ugh!

Message 8 of 8
joe_simmen_bam_com

Hello,

can elaborate on this part please

'make the command/text box active so you can type n the command line'

Thanks so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report