Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013: Can I have 1 Layer of Points & 1 Layer of Lines?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
scottchang
209 Views, 1 Reply

C3D 2013: Can I have 1 Layer of Points & 1 Layer of Lines?

Hi all,

I used PENZD file that has 8 points (4 locations with 2 depths in each location) to create a Point dwg that has several annotations I made.  Then I used the "Lines/Curves" => "Create Lines" by "Point # Range" to create 6 sets of lines: Line Set #1 that connects Points 1-3-5-7-1, Line Set #2 that connects Points 2-4-6-8-2, Line Set #3 that connects Points 1-2, Line Set #4 that connects Points 3-4, Line Set #5 that connects Points 5-6, Line Set #6 that connects Points 7-8.  The annotaions for the 8 points are gone, after I completed the creation of the Lines.  I wonder whether I can create 2 layers in the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013: 1 layer for the 8 points with my annotations attached and 1 layer for the lines I created from the 8 points.   Please kindly help and advise.

Thanks,

Scott Chang 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
john.mckenzie
in reply to: scottchang

you can control your points any way you wish by using layer assingments within your styles, drawing level object layer defaults, or both. Create lines from points places the lines on the current layer I think.

Careful attention to point style setup and "current" layer while creating the lines should solve the problem.

Unless I am missing something here and that has been known to happen before LOL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report