Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2012 to C3D 2015 Subassembly and/or Assembly Migration

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
244 Views, 7 Replies

C3D 2012 to C3D 2015 Subassembly and/or Assembly Migration

I know many of the subassemblies (if not all) have been updated. Is there an easy way to update my existing subassemblies and/or assemblies?  I have a 2012 drawing that has all the typical assemblies that we use.  I'd really like NOT to have to recreate them all from scratch.  I looked at the ribbon and didn't see anything, and I searched the App Exchange, didn't see anything there either. 

I'd love to be able to select those subassemblies that have the same names and rt-click > update to current version.  Selecting them all at once & updating would be a bonus!

Hope somebody can "Make My Day"..

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Lisa, sorry, my memory is not what it used to be, but weren't 2012 subassemblies VBA-based? If so, when you open the drawing with a newer version, you will be asked if you want to convert the old content to .Net. That's the update and it's automatic.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 8
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: tcorey

Tim,

Yes, that is indeed true, but the other information for the subassembly reflects it's prevoius version as in the pic below.

2014-07-17_16-35-05.jpg

In this subassembly, all the parameters are the same.  I remember seeing a post that mentioned issues with previous subassemblies and that you should rebuild.  I don't know if there's any parameter differences in other subassemblies that might have maintained the same name.  Since all the current subassemblies seem to reflect a R2013 version (I'm assuming for compatability reasons), perhaps it's a non-issue. With this being a 3 version difference, I just want to cover bases.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 4 of 8
jmayo-EE

Do you know of any certain sub that has a specific new feature that should be listed in the props dialog? If so you could confirm if the update applies the new functionality... 

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I don't, which is what I was saying in my 2d post, and I'm kinda looking for the same information. It looks as though I will rebuild all our assemblies.  It would be nice to know of new parameters so I can include them in training.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 6 of 8
jmayo-EE

Dang.... I would open a support case and see what they say.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: tcorey

@tcorey wrote:

Lisa, sorry, my memory is not what it used to be, but weren't 2012 subassemblies VBA-based?

According to the Help 2007 was the last year for VBA sub.'s and 2008 and later are all .NET.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 8 of 8
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: Jay_B

I'm not worried so much about the VBA and .NET functionality. It's the parameters of each subassembly. Have they been modified/enhanced since 2012?

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report