Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2012 & Etransmit

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
1256 Views, 19 Replies

C3D 2012 & Etransmit

I've noticed a strange behavior in my Temp folder. There appears to be several etransmit_xxxx.dwt files. I haven't used that tool for months, yet there's even one dated today. Wassup with dat? Now I realize that a dwt is a template file, and I don't even have a template for Etransmit. What's creating these files?

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tags (1)
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Are you syncing your settings with Autodesk 360 by any chance?

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 20

No, I have that service turned off for all our workstations.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 4 of 20

Yeah I definitely do as well.  I am not sure what would cause that.  Pretty strange.  I don't see anything like that in my temp folder.  

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 20
Jeff_M
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Lisa, I think these get created when using the Publish command. They usually get deleted when the command completes, but sometimes they remain, possibly if the Publish command encounters errors.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 20
neilyj666

Happening for me in 2014 as well - not used etransmit for ages

2013-08-28 14_48_39-Temp.jpg

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 7 of 20
Jay_B

Lisa,

I have the same mystery files here. No idea how they are being created other than they are all relatively early in the day (possibly a startup thing)? Even have one from this morning.

I have not used etransmit recently either nor am I syncing to 360 that I'm aware of. I agree this seems strange.

Civil 3d 2012 SP3.

etrans.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 8 of 20
Jay_B
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hmm, I've not used publish but plot through SSM and haven't done so yet today but have an etransmit-tmp.dwt from today.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 9 of 20
neilyj666
in reply to: Jay_B

I've opened drawings that are part of a sheet set but haven't plotted or publlished them

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 20

It seems that these started appearing in about January 2011 (yes, I have a Map 3D user who hasn't cleaned out his temp folder in awhile.) That was so long ago, that I can't even guess what triggered it. They're all the same size, 64KB, and they're sequentially numbered.  This is really strange. Hope Autodesk chimes in. Perhaps a platform issue.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 11 of 20
neilyj666

One of these files has just been created on 2014 on start up this morning

EESignature

Message 12 of 20
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: neilyj666

Exactly the same here but from 2013, I have 2014 installed but rearly use it for anything. Mainly open it by mistake.

I have a 30.5kb dwt file created when I started 2013 this morning & none since. I have traced another file from a system restore point dated 1st July 2013. Furthest I can go back.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 13 of 20
rmacan

Has anyone ever found out the reason these files are created, and not deleted when AutoCAD is closed?   My TEMP folder has over 125 of these etransmit*.dwt files in it.  I've used etransmit once in the past couple months. 
I'm running ACAD MAP 2015, so evidently Autodesk doesn't have this issue on their to-do list.  I thought it would have been fixed by now. 

Message 14 of 20
C3D_TomR
in reply to: rmacan

I have several temp folders mapped to separate folders (other than %temp%) so I can track them. The etransmit-tmp#.dwt files are on my computer as well and they are being saved to the folder assigned to the Temporary Drawing File Location on the Files tab of the Options dialog. Other files being saved there as well are ACA#####.ac$, Civil.cdc, RED#####.ac$, and UND#####.ac$

Tom Richardson

EESignature
Autodesk Certified Professional in Civil 3D for Infrastructure Design
AutoCAD Certified Professional
------------------------------------
Autodesk AEC Community Blog
Crossing the line with Civil 3D
Twitter | LinkedIn
Austin CAD User Group Resources
Blog | Discord | LinkedIn

Autodesk Group Network Leader

Message 15 of 20
Jeff_M
in reply to: rmacan

I believe those dwt files are created when Publishing a set of drawings.
EESignature
Message 16 of 20
C3D_TomR

Nope. I have only opened and closed drawings today as well as saved, drew polylines, deleted objects, etc. Not a single plot or publish. Only accessed a layout tab one time today. Created a viewport using mview command then back to modelspace.

Tom Richardson

EESignature
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 17 of 20
Jeff_M
in reply to: C3D_TomR

So much for my S.W.A.G. Since I never use eTransmit, but do Publish often and have lots of those files in the Temp folder, that was the basis of my guess....
EESignature
Message 18 of 20
C3D_TomR

At least that's one thing that can be possibly eliminated.

Tom Richardson

EESignature
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 19 of 20
BlackBox_

Just stumbled upon this thread searching for any reason, or root cause for the undesired behavior I've been experiencing - IDSP 2014-2016, mostly using Civil 3D 2015 at the moment.

Long story short -

I'm frequently seeing the active document write-protected upon SAVE, and end up having to instead save somewhere else (my Desktop; local SSD, etc.), and then back to network.

More info here... http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=50185.0

Not sure if these eTransmit*.dwt files are related, but I've never used that command, nor PLOT, or PUBLISH frankly (Autopublish only) - I am seeing these as well, but they do seem to be removed following a successful save - now if I could just figure out why they become write-protected while I have it open!? Grrr

Cheers

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 20 of 20
Peter2_1
in reply to: BlackBox_

Something new with this?

I just found it on my Map 2018, when attaching a XREF. It seem to be created once per Acad session when x-refing the first time, stays unmodified when usign new xrefs on new drawings and is deleted when Acad is closes

AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 German / Oracle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report