Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2012 Slow Toolspace Prospector/Settings items

52 REPLIES 52
SOLVED
Message 1 of 53
Jeff_M
4327 Views, 52 Replies

C3D 2012 Slow Toolspace Prospector/Settings items

In the same vein as this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/C3D-2012-Figure-Style-Slow-to-Respond/m-p/3005214#M15..., I have run into the same slow response when selecting the Parcels in a Site in Prospector.

I first noticed this in my own drawing containing 4 sites, 3 of which have 1 - 6 Parcels, and the other has 170 or so Parcels. When I selected the word "Parcels" in the large Site, C3D went into a limbo state for approx. 7 minutes. I received a phone call just after I figured out it was not going to let me do anything so I just let it sit. I did open Task Manager and saw that acad.exe was consuming 100% of one of the cores. Much to my surprise, during said phone call, I watched C3D come back to life and the Graph View showing the parcels at the bottom of Prospector filled. As soon as I clicked the word Parcels again it again went into that limbo state. I can click any other branch in a Site without a problem, but clicking on Parcels will 'freeze' C3D everytime.

I can duplicate this in any one of the Parcel* tutorial drawings as well.

Then I tested with another C3D Profile and it has no problems selecting Parcels. So I switched Profiles using Options to my usual profile. Selected Parcels, this time it did 'hang' but only for a few moments. Clicked another SIte, clicked Parcels, hung for 2 minutes or so.

So it looks like I've narrowed it down to being Profile specific, but I'm not sure what I could have changed in the 'bad' one to make it 'bad', as I just created it last week from a copy of the 'good' one.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Tags (1)
52 REPLIES 52
Message 41 of 53
Jeff_M
in reply to: Dave1982

O.Maile & Dave 1982, have either of you installed the Service Pack released last week? I have not experienced any of these slowdowns in Prospector since installing it.

EESignature
Message 42 of 53
Dave1982
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you Jeff_M

I have just informed our I.T department who promptly installed the service pack, unfortunately I opened a drawing to check if it is any better and having tried to load up a pipe network on there and it taking almost 5 minutes then almost crashed my machine I realise that the service pack isn't the miracle fix I was hoping for.

Thank you for your response though it was certainly worth a try

Message 43 of 53
neilyj666

@Jeff_M wrote:

O.Maile & Dave 1982, have either of you installed the Service Pack released last week? I have not experienced any of these slowdowns in Prospector since installing it.

Jeff

At the risk of hijacking this thread for another purpose, I see you have installed SP1 - have you tried the DRIVEcommand?? Load up Corridor 5A.dwg from the Tutorial Folders and see if it works (I'm having major annoyances with DRIVE)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Odd-behaviour-using-DRIVE/td-p/3236916

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 44 of 53
O.Maille

Will install the service pack this evening and see how it goes.

Anyone else slightly annoyed by the fact that solutions can't be unmarked when they don't work, maybe a new thread is required here...

Message 45 of 53
Jeff_M
in reply to: neilyj666

Yes, I'm seeing the same 'not quite right' behavior with DRIVE.

EESignature
Message 46 of 53
Jeff_M

What are your hardware/OS specs? Size of drawing and number of parts in the pipe network?

EESignature
Message 47 of 53
neilyj666

@Jeff_M wrote:

Yes, I'm seeing the same 'not quite right' behavior with DRIVE.

Thanks for checking it out - I have a Support Request raised on this......

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 48 of 53
neilyj666

There is a problem with SP1 and DRIVE acording to Autodesk :

"...Ok, thanks for the details. 
I did some more test and can confirme the issue.

Yes, unfortunately, the issue you mentionned is a "side effect" of installing Update1.

I will report this issue to our dev. team. 

For now, I would say keep the mous in the drawing area if this is acceptable for you. If not, then you may have to use Civil 3D without  update1.

Thanks a lot for reporting this issue.
Please let me know if that answer your question or if you need more details from my side.

Best regards,..."

EESignature

Message 49 of 53
tspoon005

To my understanding, there were three issues raised in this thread:

1. The lag/CTRL issue that was solved by the horfix.

2. The issue of pipe networks operating slowly in toolspace.

3. The DRIVE command with service pack 1.

I am having the second issue (pipe networks move REAL slow in the Toolspace - Prospector preview) and am aware that the problem was being looked into.  Has a solution been found yet?

I am currently using C3D 2012 SP1.

Thanks.

Message 50 of 53
hgohel
in reply to: tspoon005

Good news is that issue #2 (pipe networks operating slowly in toolspace) has been resolved for a future release.  At this time I cannot provide any more specifics, sorry!

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 51 of 53
Dave1982

hgohel

Fixed for a future release?

I do hope you refer to a future release of a software update or hotfix rather than an updated version of the program?

I would imagine it would upset rather a lot of users to think they have spent money on a sub-standard release that wasn't tested properly only to have to purchase the next release to see an improvement?

Message 52 of 53
neilyj666

....and still no fix for the DRIVE command.....!!!!!

EESignature

Message 53 of 53
O.Maille
in reply to: AlmasSuljevic

doesn't work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report