Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2012 - Section Editor woes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
373 Views, 1 Reply

C3D 2012 - Section Editor woes

In my quest to make a "smarter" typical assembly, my workflow would include "delete subassembly", like if I don't want the generic links that I used to create a roadside ditch. However, when I use that tool, the link markers remain. I tried delete point and delete link, and the markers still remain. Ideas? 

So, if I delete a subassembly and decide later that I want to add it back, I would think that the all subassemblies that make up the assembly would be available to select, no true.

So, I try the change assembly tool, it has no effect.  I discovered that this is because the section has already been over written in the corridor.  Ok, so I change the corridor parameter properties for that region to remove the override, & rebuild. Now I get to start over.

For some reason this doesn't seem to function properly and the help file isn't providing much in depth guidance.  Anyone else have a reasonable workflow?  The reason for this quest is to eliminate the multitude of assemblies that our projects require.

See attachment for my assembly

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SethHall
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I am currently working with Lisa on some of these issues, and I will be sure to post any results that I may find for other users who may have similar questions.

I encourage any of you to share or comment on any workflows that may benefit Lisa's design intent.

Thanks!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report