Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2012 Import Styles does not support Label Expressions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kbarnettza
489 Views, 5 Replies

C3D 2012 Import Styles does not support Label Expressions

Greetings,

Is this statement correct? :-

The C3D 2012 Import Styles function does not support Label Expressions

(command: importstylesandsettings)

When I tested 2012 in May last year I was pretty sure this statement was incorrect. But now, at implementation time (yes - I know 2013 is about to be released - dont ask - its a long story) - I find this statement to be true.

The Expressions in question are not carried through from previous versions. I make a point of starting a brand new template with every new version of C3D.

Have I missed an option or workaround somewhere, or is the statement correct?

Thx.

Kevin.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JeffPaulsen
in reply to: kbarnettza

I just imported my parcel area label styles and the expressions were also imported.

@Kevin.barnett wrote:

I make a point of starting a brand new template with every new version of C3D.

Why do you do this? It seems like an awful lot of work. Is this standard practice for most C3D users?

*edit*

We created our template in the 2007 version and have caried it through to 2008, 2009 and 2012.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 3 of 6
kbarnettza

... I did not provide enough information ...

Are you Parcel label expressions used in a Table?

The expressions I need are used in a table; after importing - the table values cannot get values from the imported expressions - the user just gets ??? in the table.

I make a new template every time because the Civil 3D objects change with every version. C3D is not a stable software application, this is just one other way to try to provide some stability. But the 'stability' factor probably depends on the amount of data being produced by your model. Our users are always dealing with large data sets.

Message 4 of 6
kbarnettza

Here is the problem ..  attached ..

DWG: EXpressionTest1 was created using the ..._PROFILES.DWT file

then...

Imported all styles and settings from the _ALIGNMENTS.DWT

then..

Saved as ExpressionTest2.DWG, draw Alignment, add custom Lables, add custom Alignment Segment Table...

Result: ??? in Table values.

Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M

It appears that SOME Expressions get copied correctly, but none of the Alignment label expressions get copied. This is with the Import tool or by drag/drop. I added a new point label expression, added it to the Standard label style, and it imports correctly into the expressions2 drawing.

Looks like a bug to me....

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 6
Sinc
in reply to: Jeff_M

There are definitely bugs here...  We've also had various Expressions get "broken" (turning into GUID garbage) when upgrading from 2010 and earlier to 2011, or 2010 and earlier to 2012, or even 2011 to 2012.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report