Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2011 volume report (TIN Volume Surface)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mdriver1
2079 Views, 7 Replies

C3D 2011 volume report (TIN Volume Surface)

I generated a TIN Volume surface and have generated a report using reports manager (generic surface report built in) but the cuts/fills do not show the adjusted values just the unadjusted.

???

Thanks,

Mark Driver

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BrianHailey
in reply to: mdriver1

As a work around, go into the properties of the volume surface, on the statistics tab, expand out the volume section, right click, and copy all. Paste were you need the info and then edit as needed.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 8
mdriver1
in reply to: BrianHailey

Yes I did that but the point is this.....

shouldn't that just be there? I mean what good is a report if the adjustments are not there?

Not griping at you just making a point.

Thanks for your reply.

Mark Driver

Message 4 of 8
BrianHailey

Ah, so you weren't actually looking for help, you were pointing out a flaw (or perhaps, a better term, would be lack of functionality).

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 8
annw2

I will continue the discussion of volume reports.

I did the surface - utilites - volume - selected several to get individual volumes.

I then hunted to try to find a way to get the program to print to paper.

No print option here.

How about a summation option?

Exported out a xml, then had no means of doing anything with it.  Report manager doesn't seem to have an option for this list of volumes

coming back into this function later, the list of volumes had disappeared and had to be redone from scratch.

Civil 3d 2009 doesn't save this list?

Am I missing stuff or does this go into the wish list area?

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 6 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: annw2

The Export to XML is what saves the list for you. Use the Import from XML to get the list of volumes back into the Panorama.

In the Panorama, right click one of the rows, you will have the option to Copy Selected or Copy All. Then you can paste into Notepad, Word, Excel, MTEXT......

And now I see you are asking about 2009 even though you posted in a thread regarding 2011. I don't recall for sure if 2009 had all these options.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 8
annw2

Thanks for reply.

The 2011 post was the only one that popped up with the subject.

Hope to have access to 2011 when new computer comes in.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 8 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: annw2

You're welcome.

I just checked a 2009 install and these same options are available in that version as well. Edited to add that I was also able to import the XML created in 2011 to 2009.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report