Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2010 vs.TopSurv 8.0 xml import problems

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
chd4trichard
440 Views, 2 Replies

C3D 2010 vs.TopSurv 8.0 xml import problems

We're noticing some discrepancies between AutoCad C3D 2010 and Topcon's TopSurv 8.0 in coordinates generated for C3D objects imported using LandXML.  We have a road design (corridor, several finish surfaces) created in C3D.  Corridor and surface information was exported to LandXML.  On import to TopSurv orTopcon's SiteMaster, the horizontal alignment, corridor, and surfaces all exhibit coordinates with a +/- 5' offset from design.  When the same XML file is imported to a new C3D file, the coordinates of the civil objects are "correct", meaning they match the design drawing. Point data exchanged between these two formats does not exhibit a translation, only the C3D non-point objects when using the xml file format.  

What else should I be checking to try to resolve this translation error?  I've checked import/export settings in C3D, those appear to match the job.  Anyone else seen this behavior before?  I've seen C3D do some strange things when attempting to export pipe networks with LandXML, wondering if this is the same phenomenon.  Anyone else successfully exporting C3D corridors to TopSurv?  If so, a brief description of your workflow might shed some light on our problem.

Thanks

C3D 2010 SP2

Windows 7 Pro SP1

8G Ram, CoreDuo processor

TopSurv 8.0

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: chd4trichard

Sounds like a US Survey foot vs International foot issue. Make sure your LandXML Export settings are set correctly. That's all I can think of at this time.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
chd4trichard
in reply to: Jeff_M

I'm able to replicate the error when the design drawing settings are set to Int'l foot before export; the original xml file must have been created with this toggled in the Drawing Settings.  LandXML settings were not the issue in this case. 

I think that's the problem, thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report