When I rotate my view in drawings containing .sid orthos, the orthos shift. This also happens when I rotate the view in a viewport. I've attached a couple screen caps showing the problem. Any ideas how to fix this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
have you tried plotting the view to see if it corrects itself?
have you searched this forum for other related posts?
If I'm not mistaking, this was an issue in 2010.
I searched for 'sid shift'. The closest thing to a fix was turning perspective on & off, but the UCS icon turns into the 3D icon & polylines with width aren't filled.
It doesn't plot out correctly either (see attached).
I've read posts that it could be the file size (the one I'm using is big - about 4.2gb) & that it also happens in C3D 2010.
I have seen this behavior with the 2010 version if there is a viewport that has a DVIEW Twist applied to the viewport. I believe this was fixed in later releases. If you are using the DVIEW in the viewport, set the rotation to some 90 degree increment (0, 90, or 180) and see if the image lines back up with the linework as expected. Also see if you can bypass Data Connect and just insert the image into the drawing using "Insert Image".
Hi again Almas.
I've tried inserting it with mapiinsert, a straight image insert & then scaling & positioning it, using the FDO connection, & xrefing it into another drawing, but it still does it. I was going to move my linework to match the aerial in the viewports but the apparent position changes depending on how far I'm zoomed in. Is there anything else to try? We've got a public meeting coming up & I need to get this sorted out.
Got it working.
I downloaded GeoViewer from Lizardtech, opened the sid file & zoomed into the area I needed. I then exported the current view to a geotiff file with a world file. I did this along my route for total of 26 tiffs. Each one has a resolution of 3463x2406 pixels.
For some reason they didn't end up in the exact same location as the original so I had to move my e/p linework to match, but, eh, it works. The ortho no longer shifts around as I zoom in & out & rotate my view. As a bonus, opening, saving & zooming is quicker & smoother.
Having same proble of viewport image shift using geolocate aerial. Brought the image into individual sheets and move the xref line work to match image worked.