Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2010 Line by Bearing Glitch

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
780 Views, 5 Replies

C3D 2010 Line by Bearing Glitch

My first post!

Well, I don't expect to get a reson why its not working but I thought I should share it with the community.

I'm trying to draw a line by bearing and I started the command from the drop down on the line button on the home tab.

Specify first point:

Pick a point

Specify quadrant (1-4) :

Specify Bearing :

Specify Bearing:

?? It should be prompting for distance but the command is stuck in a loop. Anyone seen this before?

My units are set to decimal and surveyors units. This command works fine on my desktop but not my laptop.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately, I have no idea. The IT guy would say, "Did you restart your computer?". LOL. You could always try it old school and see if you get an error. If so, then you would need to try repair.

"line" command

@distance>bearing

Hope you get it fixed!!

Message 3 of 6
wfberry

A repair of your installation should do the trick.  If you are not sure Google is your friend:

"Civil 3D, repair of Installation"

should do the trick, takes about 15 minutes.

Bill

Message 4 of 6
AllenJessup

Your Units should NOT be set to Surveyors. They should be Deg/Min/Sec. In fact you should not use the Units command. Everything should be set through the settings tab in the Toolspace. Rt-click on the drawing name and select Edit Drawing Settings. If this doesn't fix the problem try the repair.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I figured out why it didn't work, but I had to try to make a parcel before I realized what was wrong. All the C3D commands were disabled in my drawing because it was made with C3D 2012 and I'm using 2010. What I didn't realize was that even if you save down to an earlier version like I did, if there are any AECC objects made with the newer version still in the drawing it will disable all the C3D commands anyway. You have to export to dwg in order to strip out all the C3D objects, allowing you to open the drawing with an earlier version of Civil 3D. So that answers one question, but brings up another. Why isn't there an option to save your C3D objects back to an earlier version like you can with the whole drawing?

Message 6 of 6
mathewkol

There just isn't. Autodesk can answer that one. We all wish it were possible.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report