Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Standard Tool Palette

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gccdaemon
613 Views, 3 Replies

Building Standard Tool Palette

I've got a tool palette that I use which has about 5 or so tabs with about 10 to 50 standard blocks, tables, etc in each tab that is organized by text headers and dividers. It's such a productivity booster I exported the palette to a place on our server that everyone can import them from. My problem is that when they import the tool palettes, the icon images dont come in. We're left with manually updating all the images which is a problem when certain people "don't like change" and don't want to take the time to deal with the technical problems. Maybe I'm missing something, but shouldnt the images come in when you import the palettes?

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: gccdaemon

I think this is the answer.

Tools on the tool pallete have an xml file (.atc) that tells them where the image icon is and what it is.

<ItemName src="AeccStockSubassemblyScriptsRC.dll" resource="60052"/>
             <Images>
                <Image cx="93" cy="123" src=".\Images\AeccCommonAssemblies.png"/>   ''this line dictates the file"
              </Images>

You want to change the path to this .\images\ and place all the icons in that folder. then distribute accordingly.

M.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 4
gccdaemon
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

I'm still missing something here. When I export my XTP file shouldn't it create an ATC in that same folder? I was looking at my ATC file in that folder and it was almost blank. I went and checked my tool palette file locations, and i've got several folders linked there. Aparently it's saving the ATC files i need under my "\support\toolpalette\" folder instead of to the ATC on the server. Do i need to copy the files from my "\support\toolpalette\" folder to the server and only have the server path linked in properties?

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 4 of 4
Bill_Myron
in reply to: gccdaemon

When you export a Tool Palette it creates an Images folder along with the .XTP file.

Thet Images folder must be in the same folder as the .XTP file upon import. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report