Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge Module 2014 breaks new 2014 file loading security check

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mike.burke
1135 Views, 3 Replies

Bridge Module 2014 breaks new 2014 file loading security check

Civil 3D 2014 network deployment does not have the "Excutable File settings" option (trusted locations) like vanilla AutoCAD and AutoCAD Map 3D do, so I cannot set it to be off by default. I had not changed the settings after installation, so it was still set to the default "Load from Trusted locations, display a warning for other locations".

I have just now installed the Bridge Module and started C3D. I got the annoying File Loading - Security Concern dialogue box (see attachment) because the Bridge Module DLL is not registered as trusted.

Bad miss there Autodesk.It needs to be fixed.

The Rail Layout and Geotechnical modules loaded without problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lim.wendy
in reply to: mike.burke

Hi Mike,

You can disable the pop up message by going to options>system>Executable File Settings>

Under secure loading, choose Load from all locations 

The system variable to control this is SECURELOAD

Check out this post: http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2013/03/autocad-civil-3d-2014-new-feature-autocad-features.h...

Smiley Happy

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 3 of 4
mike.burke
in reply to: lim.wendy

Hi, thanks for the reply. I realise you can change the settings.

Sorry if I was unclear, the point I was trying to make is for those who are keeping the default setting, they will see this Bridge Module security dislogue only because its dll not been properly registered like other modules for Civil 3D 2014 have. It needs to be updated.

Cheers

Mike

Message 4 of 4
lim.wendy
in reply to: mike.burke

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reporting that. We're aware of that and am currently awaiting a developer to evaluate whether it is possible to add this fix to the product..

Meanwhile, you can try to tweak the registry key to get it pushed to the system automatically. An example of this is 

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D000:409\Profiles\<<C3D_Metric>>\Variables]
"TRUSTEDPATHS"="C:\\Users\\limw\\AppData\\Roaming\\Autodesk\\C3D 2014\\enu\\Support\\;C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Autodesk Shared\\Extensions 2014\\Products\\Civil3D\\;C:\\enablers"
"TRUSTEDDOMAINS"="*.autodesk.com;*.autodeskbutterfly.com;*.autocadws.com;*.google-analytics.com;s3.amazonaws.com/com.autodesk.;drawingfeed.visualtao.net;*.virtualearth.net"
"APPFRAMERESOURCES"="pack://application:,,,/AeccUiWindows;component/AppFrame/C3D.xaml"
"NAVBARDISPLAY"="0"
"SELECTIONCYCLING"="-2"
"IMAGEFRAME"="2"
"VIEWBACKSTATUS"="1"
"SECURELOAD"="1"

You may wish to do the same for other Profiles; i.e: <<C3D_Imperial>> or <<C3D_ANZ>>

Disclaimer: Modifying the registry can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. We cannot guarantee that problems resulting from modifications to the registry can be solved. Use the information provided at your own risk. First, before editing your registry remember to always back it up first, just in case you do something wrong. The registry when modified is an instant change and cannot be undone.    

Smiley Happy

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report