Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaklines giving wrong contour elevations.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kjac85
959 Views, 2 Replies

Breaklines giving wrong contour elevations.

I'm somewhat new to Civil 3D 2013 and have never encountered this problem before. I've got a top slope standard breakline (dark green line) and bottom slope standard breakline (light green line) with the highest elevation for the top slope at 72' and it gradually slopes down to about 54' within a 75' span. My problem, as you can see in the screen shot below, is I am getting 54'-59' elevation contours right next to a survey point with a 72' elevation whenever I hover my mouse over one of the contours. There are no nearby points with anything near 54' even outside of the surface boundary (shown in magenta). I'm sure this is an easy fixed, but it has stumped be for the past couple hours.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Neilw_05
in reply to: kjac85

As far as I can tell from the screen cap it appears your top slope breakline is dropping down to elev. 54.XX near the 72.00 point and the TIN has a very steep face between the 54.xx and 72.00 elevation. Take a look at your TIN in an isometric view or 3D orbit and look for a steep face in that area. Of course you 'll need to adjust one or the other to eliminate the steep face.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 3
kjac85
in reply to: kjac85

problem soved, was using 2d polylines when I should have been using 3D lines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report