Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks Not Coming in at Correct Scale

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lsabala
871 Views, 2 Replies

Blocks Not Coming in at Correct Scale

I am having an issue inserting a detail call out "block". The blocks were created to be annotative however, when I am inserting them into my paperspace at 1" = 30' it shrinks up the block. In model space it shows at the correct size. What have I done wrong?

I should also add that this has happened on a separate occassion. So I am guessing that I am involuntarily doing something to cause this issue. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doni49
in reply to: lsabala

Can you post your block and the drawing into which you're inserting it?  I'll take a look.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 3
tddbuck
in reply to: lsabala

"when I am inserting them into my paperspace at 1" = 30' it shrinks up the block. In model space it shows at the correct size. What have I done wrong?"

Isabala,

The paper space stays the same i.e. 22" x 34".  When you go into model space it will appear correctly, because it is inserted at 1 to 1, so the manhole symbol for example will come in as 4' dia.  and when plotted out at 1"=30' it will/should measure 4' using the 30 scale.  When you insert a block into paperspace it will shrink because it is trying to reflect the scale, unless your title block is scaled up 30 times or however many for your scale 1"=10' etc, in which you are actually drawing 1:1.  

The same can be said if you use the change space command, things will be automatically scaled up/down depending on if it is going in model or coming out to paper, to "keep visual consistency".  

Hope this helps.

Todd

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report