Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kyle
379 Views, 8 Replies

Block

I have a "NOTE" that I would like to put on all of my plats, and  I was needing help as how to put it on my toolbar for easy access. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dgordon
in reply to: kyle

adding a block to the tool palette is about as easy and dragging and dropping the block onto the tool palette.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 9
kyle
in reply to: dgordon

do i need to make the block a command first?

if not, can you be a little more specific on how to do this thanks!

Message 4 of 9
AllenJessup

Make the note into a Block. Save your drawing. Drag the Block on the the tool palette you want it on.

Allen

I may have spoken too soon. By Note do you mean a General Note Label? If so, you can still save it as I outlined above. But it will insert as a blank note. Not with the contents it originally had.

If you're talking about a note composed of MText or DText. Then the method above should work.

AJ

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
kyle
in reply to: AllenJessup

yes, the note is mtext, i made it into a block, saved my drawing.........now......how do i drag it onto my pallet.  Sorry sometimes things dont soak in very easy lol.

Message 6 of 9
AllenJessup

Have the tool palette you want the block on visible; click on the block once to select it, click on it again; anywhere, it doesn't have to be a grip; to grab it, drag the block onto the palette where you want it to be. It may take a couple of seconds for the program to find the block definition in the drawing. After that you should see an icon of the block appear on the tool palette.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 9

Note:

Don't grab the block on the grip or you will just move it around the current drawing. Selected it, and then pick it again and keep the mouse button down till you are over the palette. Once it is on the palette you can adjust how it is inserted by picking the "Properties" from the right click menu of the block on the palette.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 9
kyle
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

as soon as i get it over the toop of my palettes, my icon goes to "a circle with a line through it".   what am i doing wrong?

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I always copy the block to the clipboard, and then paste it on the palette.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report