Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blinking Cursor c3d 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kclark138
675 Views, 3 Replies

Blinking Cursor c3d 2013

Need help. Out of the blue all 6 users started to have their cursors blink or alternate from the windows 7 thinking circle to the cursor. It's just in Civil3D. At first I thought it could be a windows update issue but I have used a system restore to go back 2 weeks when it wasn't happening and it still does it. I removed all customization and setup and it doesn't help. I've checked the 3dconfig with multiple settings on or off, I turned off all palettes to solid. I made sure all video card drivers are updated and Autodesk certifed. The problem seems to be worsened by palettes being open and it seems to get worse the longer your in the drawing. I'm currently in the process of working from clean install (uninstalled c3d all the way registry and all, and reinstalled) back to the settings I had before. I first did an out of the box install, then sp1, then hot fixes, then paths to the server for plot styles and font directories. So far it hasn't come back. Anyone else having any issues like this? It's almost like it's processing in the background somthing. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dasindog
in reply to: kclark138

I have that problem happen if I use "_AeccStationTrackerAll" and stay in a file for a long period. However it goes away once I close C3D and reopen. Doesn't necessarily sound like the same problem. Does it happen regardless of the files open? Are you all working in the same project?

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 3 of 4
kclark138
in reply to: dasindog

No matter which file. Seems to be somewhat effected by the complexity of the drawing or number of drawing you have open. May just upgrade to 2014 to see if it goes away. 

Message 4 of 4
kclark138
in reply to: kclark138

This video only partly captures the blink. The minor blink that is captured with the magenta cursor is actually constant. 

I've tried to determine if it's network issues or video issues. Nothing I can figure out. 

download

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report