Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank message box when closing??

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kgrover
1987 Views, 5 Replies

Blank message box when closing??

I just started getting a blank message box when closing AutoCAD 2011 and/or Civil 3D 2011. It pops up when closing, and has no information in it (see attached screen shot).

I check my task manager and CAD is still running until I select okay to close the message box.

Anyone else have this problem, or know what is causing it??

Kevin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JeffPaulsen
in reply to: kgrover

Are you using any of the Steltman software? We get that message box on computers that have River Tools installed.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 3 of 6
kgrover
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

Not on this machine. I have Sincpac installed for Civil3D, but was getting the error.

I did look a little futher and found an error when opening CAD. For all the startup information as it ran thru, I was getting an error regarding E-tranmit failing to load. I ended up repairing the AutoCAD 2011 install, and I don't get the error anymore.

For now at least.

Kevin

Message 4 of 6
shelmer

Anyone else have this issue?  I see this happening a lot in my office recently.  We are transitioning from civil 2011 to civil 2013, and it happens mostly on machines that have both versions installed.

Long term, I will be removing the 2011 version from these machines, which hopefully fixes the issue, but in the mean time, a fix for this blank error would be nice.  It is the same as the image posted my the original poster.

Cheers

Message 5 of 6
dsorenso

My company is also upgrading from 2011 to 2013 and has started to see the blank error dialog on close of files.  Testing has shown the problem starts immediately after installing AutoCAD 2013 on a machine with 2011 and no other utilities or plug ins.  So far only files with Civil3D objects are giving the error.  I have not tried repairing my 2011 yet but I know that uninstalling 2013 does not help.

Message 6 of 6
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: dsorenso

Check the group, there are a few posts about this.

for one,

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Best-Error-Message-Ever/td-p/3384421

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report