Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Layer display

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tony1978
592 Views, 2 Replies

Blank Layer display

Good morning eveyone for the past few weeks i have been having a blank layers display on my ribbon. when i switch layout tabs it would switch back to a bkank layer. i also have to keep checking the layer manager to see if im using the correct layer since i cant see it on my ribbon. Has anyone else experience this? I have attached an image.

Tony

CAD Manager

Windows 7

Civil 3D 2011 sp 2

Tony Carcamo

President/Owner

Civil CAD Learning Solutions

DFW BIM Infrastructure User Group

LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | DFWBIUG |User Group

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Civil3DReminders
in reply to: tony1978

Yep, I've seen this also.

Christopher

Message 3 of 3
Sinc
in reply to: tony1978

I don't even use that Layer combo box.  Instead, I still have a row of old-style Toolbar buttons below my Ribbon, as shown in the attached image.

This way, all my layer commands are always available, and don't get lost when the Ribbon switches itself to different tabs.  The old-style Layer combo box in the Toolbars also works in what I consider the "correct" manner, unlike the one in the Ribbon...  Historically, we've had a lot of layers prefixed with a hyphen, so they all appear at the top of the Layer list.  The Layer combo box in the Ribbon ignores the leading hyphen, and mixes all the "special" layers in with everything else.  So we don't like it at all.

The row of Toolbars also gives me a place to stick Toolbar buttons for some commonly-used Map commands, so we don't have to switch to a Map Workspace to get access.  (In general, I hate switching Workspaces while I'm working, and try to set things up so I very rarely need a different Workspace.)

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report