Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Problem in corridor & cross section

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hamidcivil3d
1136 Views, 4 Replies

Big Problem in corridor & cross section

Hello

I'm working civil 3d 2010 for one year and i find big problem in civil (beacuse i haven't found solution yet!!)

most of my map based in scale but i haven't find civil 3d powerful with scale now i show you one of my project and i'm really eager to get a solution (plz download my work file)

1-my scale map in my work file is 1/2000  first i created line and curve then i created Alignment after that i created profile and layout line( File number1)

2-Then i created assembely:

I shoud use 2.4m width for each baseline(it should be in earth) so with scale 1/2000 this width should be 0.0012m in civil (2.4/2000)then i created basicsideslopcutditch with paramerter in (fig1)( File number1)

3-When i create corridor i see action viewer with alot of  error(fig2) then i get bad result(fig3)that my corridor doesn't follow alignment( File number1)

4-when i create cross section some of section view is empty(Fig4)( File number2)

Plz if you Know how to solve my problem correct my project file .i'm really tired about this plroblem for so long

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: hamidcivil3d

Don't scale anything. Draw at 1:1...In metric drawings this typically means one drawing unit = 1 meter. Allow the plot/viewport scales to scale the drawing objects for display purposes (text/label/symbol sizes).

The corridor doesn't follow the alignment because the Corridor frequency is set to 25, but the curve is not even 25 meter long so the corridor cuts across the curve.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
hamidcivil3d
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank yoy for your reply

But my surface is in scale 1/2000 and i should change my assembelly according to scale of surface

and what's frequency?and how should i set aligment and corridor to same value?

Message 4 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: hamidcivil3d

One thing we know here in the Civil 3D network -> Jeff is always correct.

The only way you will get this to work is start over with a normal actual surface. (No scale!)

Bill

Message 5 of 5
neilyj666
in reply to: wfberry

I'd echo these responses - always work in plan at real world sizes, let the viewports/profiles/sections etc handle scales

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report