Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Error Message Ever...

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Sinc
2331 Views, 17 Replies

Best Error Message Ever...

Still getting this in C3D 2012 SP1, for no apparent reason:

BestErrorMessage.png

YEAH!

Sinc
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
gjrcmb
in reply to: Sinc

That's definitely packed full with helpful troubleshooting information.

Message 3 of 18
Sinc
in reply to: gjrcmb

Guess I'll just hit "OK"....  Smiley Happy

Sinc
Message 4 of 18
castled071049

It means, "Warning... Exclamation Point Ahead".

Message 5 of 18
antoniovinci

Sinc wrote:

Guess I'll just hit "OK"

Not only: you may even click onto white cross on red background...

Now seriously, try to restart Windows in "safe mode", then run Civil: does that funny alert show up..?

Message 6 of 18
neilyj666

I got this the other day too - seems a bit uncontentious though and not reproducible on demand - don't worry though they are bound to have sorted it out for C3D 2013.....Smiley Frustrated

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 7 of 18
AllenJessup

I get it too. Often when closing Civil.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 18
emelendez
in reply to: AllenJessup

Allen....I second that. I get that when closing, sometimes it's not even right away. 20-30 seconds go by then BAM!!! there it is.....

Edwin Melendez
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional
Certification No. 00319327
Message 9 of 18
MarySeufert

Gotta love the phantom error. I get it as well with C3D and less often with ACA. ~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 10 of 18
rkmcswain

Glad I'm not the only one 🙂

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 11 of 18
shunter62

Yet another candidate for the Interface Hall of Shame.

I also nominate the interface for attaching and querying files within Map. Why is the dialogue box the sixe of a post-it note floating in middle of our nice, new jumbo monitors?

Just hit OK. OK?

Message 12 of 18
emelendez

My new favorite error message......(see attached)

I didn't even get a chance to save a recover drawing (which is only useful half the time) and lost almost an hour of work. YEAH for autosave.....not really......

Edwin Melendez
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional
Certification No. 00319327
Message 13 of 18

I had this error message too.  Think I might have solved it though (in my case anyway).  I uninstalled all Google Earth for AutoCAD add-ons as well as Civil 3D object enablers.  The next time I opened and closed a drawing the exclamation point error message didn't appear.  Before it would appear every time I closed a session. 

BTW, I'm running AutoCAD Map 3D 2012.

Message 14 of 18
andrewpuller3811

I was getting this error as well, on both my work pc and home pc with 2011, 2012 and 2013.

After seeing this post by David Lau at Up and Ready

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/08/revit-2013-the-yellow-triangle-in-an-exclamation-...

I tried the fix from the link (shown below) in the article regarding repairing .net 4 framework and it worked! Same procedure on windows vista 64bit and windows 7 64bit.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/01/installation-net-repair-for-windows-7-the-easy-wa...

No more empty error box with a yellow triangle when I exit Civil 3d.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 15 of 18

Just tried this, to no avail. Wish it worked. Because now I am getting this little bugger multiplied by 2 on all my versions of CAD, sometimes I'll have to get rid of three. Smiley Mad

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 16 of 18
c.suarez

This exclamation mark error is very annoying. I am using AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2012 and apparently this error is also present. I do not have a parallel installation, (version AutoCAD 2013), but Revit Structure 2013 is installed, side-by-side with Revit Structure 2012.

Message 17 of 18
dsorenso
in reply to: shunter62

Repairing the .NET installs did not fix the issue on any machines I've tried.  I am experiencing the error dialog on close of AutoCAD 2011 after having opened a file with vertical objects (Civil3D, etc).  The only fix that has worked is to repair AutoCAD 2011 after installing AutoCAD 2013.  I'm hoping Autodesk will release a fix for this issue soon.

Message 18 of 18
rkmcswain
in reply to: dsorenso

I doubt we'll see a fix for this.

It's annoying at worst (at least here) so we just live with it.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report