Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic area label

46 REPLIES 46
SOLVED
Message 1 of 47
sjg
Advisor
16289 Views, 46 Replies

Basic area label

Asked this about a year and a half ago when we converted from Survcadd and still haven't found any solution and now that I've read 2013 is going to include line labeling capabilities by selecting 2 points rather than selecting linework. Is there going to be a way to label an area without creating a closed polyline or parcel, where it works the way a hatch works. So if I selecting in the middle of multiple individual intersecting lines, it labels the area.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
46 REPLIES 46
Message 41 of 47
walstad
in reply to: jmayo-EE

What type of labels are these? Line and curve - Multiple segment?

Message 42 of 47
jmayo-EE
in reply to: walstad

They are line and curve labels. No need to add multiple instances on the same linework.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 43 of 47
walstad

Right, I am trying to create a Label for polyline areas as you have suggested in this thread. "Line and Curve" feature, "single Segment" type? Can you insert a label style for my reference?

Message 44 of 47
jmayo-EE

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 45 of 47
walstad

Thanks jmayo!

I had created one just like that but couldnt get it to work - kept saying "select entity". This Works great, and I agree, why bother with the lisps!

Thanks again

Message 46 of 47
jmayo-EE

If you get this, "select entity". 

You may simply need to run CONVERT on the plines.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 47 of 47
dsigman

Yes, I started with a line/curve label and modified it to give the area when you click  on a closed polyline.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report