Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background mask in paperspace layouts

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
4376 Views, 8 Replies

Background mask in paperspace layouts

I recently upgraded from C3D 2011 to 2013. Now background masks are a visible color in paperspace, but are o.k. in model space. My model space background is black. I looked in Options/Display/Colors, but do not see a color for background masks in paperspace (or layout). Has anyone else had this problem?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

Change paperspace to black background.

Bill

(Any way, that's what I do.  I don't know if I have that problem.)

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

Paperspace background is already black, but you can see a brownish area behind all the labels. I've never had this problem before, so I'm thinking it's something new with C3D 2013. I never loaded 2012, so I don't know about it. I went straight from 2011 to 2013.

Message 4 of 9
J.loeffler

please help find an answer to this, when i make PDF's my text that has background mask is all shaded now.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: J.loeffler

There is a documented bug in 2013 with civil 3d object labels. When viewing in paperspace, masked text will appear with a color. This does not effect plotting however. 

With your issue, are you refferring to autocad text entities, civil 3d labels, or both?

Message 6 of 9
J.loeffler

The shaded color shows up when I plot PDF files, I am using strictly MTEXT, it's very random and not all pieces show it. I do not see it in paperspace only PDF's. So it does however effect plotting.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: J.loeffler

OK, this is a different issue then. A few questions.

Can you share a file?

Is it only on your machine?

Is it in all files or some files?

Are the settings below what you are using for Mtext background mask?

Capture.JPG

Message 8 of 9
J.loeffler

After a little exploration, remember I'm only in this program one day. I created new Mtext in 2013 and created PDF using CutePDF writer, the hatch did not show up around text. If I open a previous release drawing file that used background mask the hatch shows up when I create the PDF in 2013.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Ahhhh Hah!!!!!...Thanks to the combined efforts of co-workers we did some research. The dwg to pdf.pc3 has been changed in 2013. The dwg to pdf.pc3 resides in this location....C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\UserDataCache\Plotters. Use this pc3 file. If you have this on a server copy and replace this file on your server. If you have a .pmp file associated with the pc3 besure to delete and create a new .pmp.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report