Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background mask in paperspace layouts

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
randyowens3203
4099 Views, 8 Replies

Background mask in paperspace layouts

I recently upgraded from C3D 2011 to 2013. Now background masks are a visible color in paperspace, but are o.k. in model space. My model space background is black. I looked in Options/Display/Colors, but do not see a color for background masks in paperspace (or layout). Has anyone else had this problem?

Randy A. Owens
Southland Engineering, Inc.
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
wfberry
in reply to: randyowens3203

Change paperspace to black background.

Bill

(Any way, that's what I do.  I don't know if I have that problem.)

Message 3 of 9
randyowens3203
in reply to: wfberry

Paperspace background is already black, but you can see a brownish area behind all the labels. I've never had this problem before, so I'm thinking it's something new with C3D 2013. I never loaded 2012, so I don't know about it. I went straight from 2011 to 2013.

Randy A. Owens
Southland Engineering, Inc.
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013
Message 4 of 9
J.loeffler
in reply to: randyowens3203

please help find an answer to this, when i make PDF's my text that has background mask is all shaded now.

Message 5 of 9
dasindog
in reply to: J.loeffler

There is a documented bug in 2013 with civil 3d object labels. When viewing in paperspace, masked text will appear with a color. This does not effect plotting however. 

With your issue, are you refferring to autocad text entities, civil 3d labels, or both?

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 6 of 9
J.loeffler
in reply to: dasindog

The shaded color shows up when I plot PDF files, I am using strictly MTEXT, it's very random and not all pieces show it. I do not see it in paperspace only PDF's. So it does however effect plotting.
Message 7 of 9
dasindog
in reply to: J.loeffler

OK, this is a different issue then. A few questions.

Can you share a file?

Is it only on your machine?

Is it in all files or some files?

Are the settings below what you are using for Mtext background mask?

Capture.JPG

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 8 of 9
J.loeffler
in reply to: dasindog

After a little exploration, remember I'm only in this program one day. I created new Mtext in 2013 and created PDF using CutePDF writer, the hatch did not show up around text. If I open a previous release drawing file that used background mask the hatch shows up when I create the PDF in 2013.
Message 9 of 9

Ahhhh Hah!!!!!...Thanks to the combined efforts of co-workers we did some research. The dwg to pdf.pc3 has been changed in 2013. The dwg to pdf.pc3 resides in this location....C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\UserDataCache\Plotters. Use this pc3 file. If you have this on a server copy and replace this file on your server. If you have a .pmp file associated with the pc3 besure to delete and create a new .pmp.

John McNair
CAD Manager
HAKS Engineers, Architects and Land Surveyors, P.C.
40 Wall Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10005

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report