Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Mask in Label Syles

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gunnarl
1673 Views, 3 Replies

Background Mask in Label Syles

I hate to bring this issue up again, it's been going on for years. But I wish i could plot label styles (pipe network labels, point labels, etc.) that contain background mask with the line merge setting ON. Mleaders with background mask plot fine with line merge on, but any intelligent object style containing a background mask will not 'mask' when plotting with line merge on. Anyone made any progress with this? I've read just about every post relating to background mask on here from the last 3-5yrs and i can't beleive i am still having this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LeafRiders
in reply to: gunnarl

Go with Lines overwite in all instances. Items you need to print with the linesmerge properties maybe go with transparency in those situations. I'm not sure I've ever "needed" or wanted to print with linesmerge. Maybe you can help me understand why? Linesoverwrite all my background masking works in all instances.

Message 3 of 4

masking works for multileaders and text but not for labels. we always use merge. pita.

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 4 of 4

Anyone have problems with the mask box showing? We have an issue where the left edge of the mask box plots with a very thin (but noticeable) line.

Also, we always plot with "Lines Merge"

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1
Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report