AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
LisaPohlmeyer
Message 11 of 16 (2,159 Views)

Re: Backgound mask show black on paperspace

07-24-2012 09:39 AM in reply to: bozoli

I have this same issue, Civil 3D labels only.  I've attached some screen caps.  The correct display pic is the way it's appeared in previous releases for me.  I even tried changing the background color in MS to white, same result.

I have opened an SR with Autodesk  07479109

Lisa Pohlmeyer

C3D 2012 SP4, C3D 2015
Please use "Accept as Solution" if this solved your issue.
*Expert Elite*
punisher
Message 12 of 16 (2,137 Views)

07-24-2012 11:16 AM in reply to: wfberry

Label backgrounds turn white. PITA.

Thanks for anything you can come up with.

John Evans
Autodesk Certified Professional

http://designandmotion.net
Alumni
machadt
Message 13 of 16 (2,107 Views)

07-25-2012 03:38 PM in reply to: LisaPohlmeyer

Hi All,

This is a know issue that our Dev team is working on.

The current workaround is to uncheck “display plot styles” in the Page Setup dialog.

Hope this will help.

Tatiana Machado
AEC-ENI Application Engineer
Valued Contributor
jalneal
Message 14 of 16 (2,012 Views)

08-27-2012 06:29 PM in reply to: machadt

Alright, my guess is that this happens with people who are using CTB files but not STB files.  I have been pulling my hair out because I had been trying to change all the variables that could remotely be related to the display and NONE seemed to be controlling the masks in Civil3d objects.  Since they show up correctly with show plot display off, it should have occured to me that the plot style tables were the culprit.

So what is happening - The application is using PEN NUMBER 7 (which was the white pen) for the mask. Screening does not affect it, but the sole variable it draws from is object color.  So simple thing to do?  Just make the object color white, or if that goes to black set it really close to white.  

THe biggest problem with this is I rarely know of a company that does not use Color 7.  The appropriate behavior for Civil3d Background masks would be for it to pull the variable for the actual background color. This should be an easy fix - Autodesk, please make a hotfix for this!  In the meantime, what we have found is that we can set the color off-white but with pretty heavy chroma (like red or blue) and set the screening to about 50%.  All the masks are a bit darker, but the text underneath is barely readible.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alan Neal, P.E.
Autodesk Infrastructure Suite Premium 2012/2013
Windows 7, x64
Xeon E31225 w/ Quadro 600
*Expert Elite*
LisaPohlmeyer
Message 15 of 16 (1,995 Views)

08-28-2012 05:11 AM in reply to: jalneal

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/08/label-background-mask-covers-my-label.html

Although this is not a fix, it's a work around.  We are unable to use this work around in our environment, so we're waiting for a hotfix or SP to implement this version.

Lisa Pohlmeyer

C3D 2012 SP4, C3D 2015
Please use "Accept as Solution" if this solved your issue.
Valued Mentor
engrtech
Message 16 of 16 (1,983 Views)

08-28-2012 07:20 AM in reply to: bozoli

I noticed the same thing happening and just chalked it up to another bug in 2013.  Glad to see I'm not going crazy.

BTW, has anyone had any problems with the match line mask being solid black even when the color is set to 255 while using the default monochrome.ctb?  I had to make the mask color #254, create a copy of the monochrome.ctb, and set color 254 to plot white.  This was the only way to make the C3D match line mask in paper space not plot solid black for me using the default monochrome.ctb.

Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014
Civil 3D 2014 x64
Testing IDSP 2015
Windows 7 64-bit
6GB RAM

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs