12-20-2012 09:42 AM

<->how do I turn it on?

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 2 of 11 (498 Views)

Re: BLIPMODE

12-20-2012 10:26 AM in reply to: daren601

Type BLIPMODE at the command line.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 3 of 11 (484 Views)

12-20-2012 11:29 AM in reply to: daren601

If you are using 2013 (not sure when it changed..?), you can't simply type in BLIPMODE any more

Command: blipmode
Unknown command "BLIPMODE". Press F1 for help.

But you can use lisp to do the trick

Command: (setvar "blipmode" 1)

*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 4 of 11 (478 Views)

12-20-2012 11:47 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

Holy Cr__, they actually got rid of one of those commands that nobody uses any more!!

Now I'm getting all nostalgic...

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 5 of 11 (469 Views)

12-20-2012 12:21 PM in reply to: sboon

Except for daren601, he/she apparently needs it  :smileywink:

*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 6 of 11 (444 Views)

12-20-2012 10:28 PM in reply to: rkmcswain

Sometime in the next few years a new user will put up a wishlist item asking for a way to display recent pick locations, and then this will be re-introduced as a new feature.  :smileylol:

daren601
Message 7 of 11 (396 Views)

01-15-2013 06:07 PM in reply to: rkmcswain
I got it to work by typing ".blipmode". ________________________________ This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and have deleted this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version by contacting Nicollet County.
daren601
Message 8 of 11 (396 Views)

01-15-2013 06:07 PM in reply to: troma
That is an unknown command. ________________________________ This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and have deleted this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version by contacting Nicollet County.
*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 9 of 11 (384 Views)

01-16-2013 06:03 AM in reply to: daren601

Darren, I had honestly never heard of BLIPMODE until I read your question. Then I typed it in my machine, and found out what it was.  It turned it on, no problem.  I am working in 2011, and as someone pointed out they removed the command from 2013.

Please, let us know what you want this on for.  I find it interesting, I would really like to know.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

daren601
Message 10 of 11 (381 Views)

01-16-2013 06:12 AM in reply to: troma
I got it to work. I use it when I measure distances, so I know where to put certain lines. ________________________________ This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and have deleted this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version by contacting Nicollet County.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs