Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLIPMODE

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
daren601
1362 Views, 10 Replies

BLIPMODE

<->how do I turn it on?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
troma
in reply to: daren601

Type BLIPMODE at the command line.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 11
rkmcswain

If you are using 2013 (not sure when it changed..?), you can't simply type in BLIPMODE any more

Command: blipmode
Unknown command "BLIPMODE". Press F1 for help.

But you can use lisp to do the trick

Command: (setvar "blipmode" 1)

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 11
sboon
in reply to: rkmcswain

Holy Cr__, they actually got rid of one of those commands that nobody uses any more!!

Now I'm getting all nostalgic...

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: sboon

Except for daren601, he/she apparently needs it  Smiley Wink

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 11
sboon

Sometime in the next few years a new user will put up a wishlist item asking for a way to display recent pick locations, and then this will be re-introduced as a new feature.  Smiley LOL

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 11
daren601

I got it to work by typing ".blipmode". ________________________________ This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and have deleted this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version by contacting Nicollet County.
Message 8 of 11
daren601
in reply to: troma

That is an unknown command. ________________________________ This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and have deleted this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version by contacting Nicollet County.
Message 9 of 11
troma

Darren, I had honestly never heard of BLIPMODE until I read your question. Then I typed it in my machine, and found out what it was.  It turned it on, no problem.  I am working in 2011, and as someone pointed out they removed the command from 2013.

Please, let us know what you want this on for.  I find it interesting, I would really like to know.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 10 of 11
daren601
in reply to: troma

I got it to work. I use it when I measure distances, so I know where to put certain lines. ________________________________ This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and have deleted this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version by contacting Nicollet County.
Message 11 of 11
BrianHailey

At the command line type REDIFINE and then BLIPMODE. This will ebale the blipmode command again. It wasn't removed, just undefined.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report