Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Civil 3D 2012 - Freeze in Model Space switching between Isometric views

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jeolmstead
993 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Civil 3D 2012 - Freeze in Model Space switching between Isometric views

on a couple of my lager project i have recently had issues with Autodesk Civil 3D 2012 Freezing in Model Space switching between Isometric views.  the number of view changes varies each time but seams to freeze during regen of the model.

I have checked the performace tuner and updated my driver, see Attached Log.

We are in the process of changing our CAD Stations over to Windows 7 64 bit, but im not scheduled for a couple more months.

System:

Dell Precision T3400

Windows XP SP3 32 bit

Intel Core2 Quad (Q9550 @ 2.53GHz)

4GB RAM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: jeolmstead

With only 4 GB of ram you are probably not freezing while the hard drive is being used in lieu of ram.

Bill

Message 3 of 4
antoniovinci
in reply to: wfberry

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-tesla-winxp-x32-296.35-whql-driver.html

Try it, and I bet your problem will get fixed, sir.

Message 4 of 4
jeolmstead
in reply to: antoniovinci

I had my IT manager install the updated driver.  it improved overall performance, but it still freezes when I use the Isometric views to verify my 3d models.  the freezing varies from 1-10 changes while working on the drawing.  we opened the drawing on a newly build machine running Win7 64bit with 6GB ram and it seam to be okI guess my best option right now is to wait in a new/rebuilt machine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report