Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutocAD 2011 with Civil OE 2011 with 2012 DWG

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
GTVic
340 Views, 2 Replies

AutocAD 2011 with Civil OE 2011 with 2012 DWG

I have the Civil OE on AutoCAD 2011 working properly, it views a number of 2011 Civil 3D test drawings without the need for proxy graphics.

One particular drawing opens in 2011 but was saved with no proxy graphics and shows only the bounding boxes. In AutoCAD 2013 with the 2013 Civil OE, everything shows ok.

So I'm thinking the drawing has to be in 2010 format but was probably created with Civil 3D 2012 and that is why the 2011 OE can't see it? What is missing is simply objects like a pipe.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: GTVic

You're probably right. Each version of Civil 3D will open older version dwg files but no version of Civil 3D will correclty read newer version files. Object Enabler or not, you cannot open newer versions and have the Civil 3D object intelligence intact. Either use Proxygraphics or ExporttoAutoCAD from the version that created the file (or a newer version.) If you need the design data, use LandXMLOut from the newer version and LandXMLIn from the older version.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
GTVic
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks, I will confirm they are using Civil 3D 2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report