Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Fatal error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
j_zapata_99
1027 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCad Fatal error

I keep getting a fatal error and having autocad crash when I try to convert Autocad Points.

Has this happened to anyone else?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: j_zapata_99

Just wblock out a small file and someone will look.

Bill

Message 3 of 6
j_zapata_99
in reply to: wfberry

When i blocked it, it asked if i wanted to add the autocad map.

I didnt add it

Can you please explain what that Autocad Map is?

Message 4 of 6
wfberry

The only thing that is an Autocad point is the little red dot that is centeedr in the red circle.  You need to isolate these red dots and select them.  The red circle is an individual block and all the text is in one individual block (For one point).

Bill

Don't worry about the Map features at this point.

Message 5 of 6
j_zapata_99
in reply to: wfberry

Having seen what is in my drawing, how would you import or add or convert them to make a surface or 3D model?

I want to use the information in the drawing to make a surface to add a berm and other Civil objects, but not sure how.

Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M

Create a surface. Right-click this surface in prospector, choose properties. Set the style to what you wnat to see, then select the Definition Tab. Under the Build options, toggle on "Exclude elevations less than" and set that to 2000 (some of the points previously selected are at 0 elevation, you don't want these in your surface.

Select one of the Point objects (not the blocks, the little dot inside the circle), right-click, SelectSimilar. Type in SELECT at the command line.

In Propsector, select the surface you created, expand it, then expand Definition. Select DrawingObjects, right-click, choose Points, when prompted to select points, enter P for previous which will select the points you selected above.

You should now have your surface displayed. You may want to add a boundary, or when you select the points remove those that lie far away from the site.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report