Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad/Civil 3D 2014 - No Layer States Manager ??

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
RTJMartin
2063 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCad/Civil 3D 2014 - No Layer States Manager ??

We've recently upgraded to Release 2014, and I use Civil 3D for all my drafting.

We load our discipline specific layers into drawings using *.las files via the Layer States Manager. I've recently had to load a *.las file for the first time. When I open the Layer Properties Manager, I'm missing a few of the usual command buttons in the upper left corner of the Layer Properties Manager.

I don't have; New Property Filter, New Group Filter, Layer States Manager

I do have; Layer Standards, Layer Key Styles, Layer Key Overrides, Load Filter Groups, Save Filter Groups, New Layer, New Layer from Standard, New Layer VP Frozen in All Viewports, Delete Layer, Set Current.

I really would like to Access the Layer States Manager. How do I get it back? What am I missing?

Thanks,

Richard

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: RTJMartin

Hi,

can you upload a screenshot? There might be icons not displayed (issue on some Intel gc's), but in that case there would be the space for it, just the icon-image not displayed. How does it look exactly at your workstation?

Mine (in German Civil3D 2014 SP1) looks like that:

2014-03-03 18-59-30.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10
RTJMartin
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred,

I'm missing the middle set of icons that show in your screenshot, the third set is in it's place so I don't have a blank space. I'll see if I can quickly get a screenshot of what I have.

Thanks,

Richard

Message 4 of 10
craigswearingen

LMAN command also allows access to the Layer States Dialog Box.

"There's always room."

Windows 10 Professional
64-Bit Intel Xeon W-2125 @ 4.00GHz
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.3
Message 5 of 10
RTJMartin
in reply to: craigswearingen

Yes, it does. Thanks upina.

Ok, the next question is ... anyone have an idea as to how I can get the middle set of icons loaded on my Layer Properties Manager that show in Alfred's screenshot?

Thanks,

Richard

Message 6 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> anyone have an idea [...]

Maybe installation of Civil3D SP1? (>>>click<<<).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 10
RTJMartin
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Installation of SP1 ... ah yes of course.

Off to IT department to ask them to install SP1 ... hopefully in a week or two ...

Thanks Alfred.

I'm open to any other ideas on how to get the missing icons loaded on my Layer Properties Manager.

Thanks,

Richard

Message 8 of 10
pendean

Ask in the C3D forum, this forum is for plain AutoCAD which you don't have: most verticals have their own command pop-ups and plain AutoCAD features are just not there (and you can't put them back).
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/bd-p/66
Message 9 of 10
RTJMartin
in reply to: pendean

Ok thanks Dean.

I opened up plain CAD 2014 and the Layer States Manager is there in the Layer Properties Manager so it is a Civil 3D thing.

Thanks,
Richard
Message 10 of 10
Jay_B

Looks like Jeff_M has a solution for this issue Here.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report